Subrights Assistant, Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
The Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group includes imprints Knopf, Doubleday, Pantheon, Schocken, Everyman’s Library, Vintage, and Anchor. Through a tradition of over 100 years, the Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group publishes more Nobel, Pulitzer, and Booker Prize winners than any other group within Penguin Random House.
The Knopf Doubleday Subsidiary Rights Department seeks an assistant to support domestic and foreign rights sales. The position is an excellent opportunity to gain entry into global and domestic publishing and licensing while working with first-rate books and authors. The ideal candidate is an avid reader and self-starter eager to support a busy money-generating department while helping to build and maintain industry relationships in the US and worldwide. With a supporting role to the entire team, this assistant will collaborate to expand the reach of Knopf Doubleday’s books and authors.
Please apply using our ATS system and include your cover letter and resume for consideration.
* Assist in selling Spanish translation rights throughout Spain and Latin America, with fluency in Spanish
* Research and respond to rights queries
* Track manuscript delivery, production schedules, UK and translation deals, and domestic rights contracts
* Help prepare materials for international book fairs, including seasonal catalogs
* Read submissions on request
* Assist in preparing departmental submission letters
* Help create international and domestic marketing materials for backlist titles
* Be instrumental in coordinating author publicity
* Possess a love of reading and writing
* Retain strong administrative skills and an ability to thrive in a busy environment
* Excellent organizational skills and a talent for prioritizing tasks with a hands-on approach
* Skill in multi-tasking and prioritizing in a deadline-driven environment
* Ability to work effectively on a team as well as independently
* Timely follow-up skills and ability to keep close attention to detail
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, and an avid interest and ability to learn new applications
The entry-level salary for this position is $45,000.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Inside Business Development Consultant - Vinsolutions & Dealer...
Cox Automotive, Remote, Nebraska Central Timezone