Marketing Assistant, Licensed and Proprietary Brands, Random House Children's Books
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Random House Children’s Books, a division of Penguin Random House, seeks a hands-on and detail-oriented Marketing Assistant who will be an essential member of the Licensed & Proprietary Brands Marketing team, supporting the Associate Marketing Manager and will be assisting and managing daily administrative and marketing tasks, while proactively liaising third party partners with our internal departments at the Random House Children’s Books team and Penguin Random House.
This position offers a unique perspective on the strategy and operations of Random House Children’s Books, home to beloved, classic children’s book authors and brands like Dr. Seuss, Magic Tree House, and Little Golden Books, as well as current licenses like Disney, Marvel, Nickelodeon, and Minecraft. Creating books for toddlers through young adult readers, the imprints of Random House Children’s Books bring together award-winning authors and illustrators, world-famous franchise characters, and multimillion-copy series.
As the Marketing Assistant, you will be part of a fun and fast-paced group. You'll meet and work closely with many colleagues in other departments within the division, especially Publicity, Editorial, Sales, and Design. The role is ideal for someone who has an interest in working with licenses and brands, and is a solutions-focused creative thinker with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in a deadline-driven environment.
Please apply using our ATS system and include your cover letter and resume for consideration.
* Provides administrative and creative support for the marketing campaign process on a seasonal cycle from brainstorming to implementation, as well as assists the Associate Marketing Manager in the development and execution of marketing plans for key licensed publishing brands within the group, including Disney, Nickelodeon, and more
* Assists with the management and organization of all retail merchandising offers from sell-in through on-sale
* Responsible for soliciting and helping with the execution of cross-promotional partnerships with licensors and licensees
* Assists with the preparation for all licensor business reviews, internal marketing presentations, and other group presentations, such as brainstorming meetings as needed
* Responsible for routing all project approvals to the appropriate and required internal and external approvers
* Responsible for sell-in tools, such as sell sheets, order forms, and point-of-sale materials
* Exceptional attention to detail, the ability to prioritize, and strong follow-up skills
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
* Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
* A team player with the ability to build internal & external relationships
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
* Ability to take initiative and problem-solve creatively
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Though being an avid reader is a plus, it is not a requirement to succeed in this role, a keen interest working with licensed and proprietary brands is all a future brand strategist needs to thrive in this role
The entry-level salary for this position is $45,000.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands