Sales Assistant - International Sales
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
The International Sales Assistant will assist the day-to-day activities of the SVP & Director of PRH International Sales, as well as the Sales Managers who sell to accounts across the British Commonwealth and Europe.
To learn more about the International Sales team, please visit our site: https://prhinternationalsales.com/.
* Manages and maintains division head calendar, including accepting, updating, and making appointments and booking travel.
* Processes division head monthly expenses.
* Providing general administrative and sales support to Sales Managers on the British Commonwealth and European sales teams.
* Assist in the local printing process.
* Create targeted presentations for reps to use on sales trips as requested.
* Respond to inquiries from new and existing accounts, sales reps, freight forwarders, order processing, customer service, and credit departments.
* Assist with placing and coordinating the fulfillment of orders.
* Obtain and analyze title information and sales data from company systems as requested.
* Provide support to the marketing and publicity team as requested.
* Provide general administrative support to supervisor and department.
* Runs regular and ad hoc sales reports.
* Prior office or publishing experience preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
* Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Interest in learning about account management is a plus
* Ability to speak and/or read a foreign language is a plus
* Experience with Business Objects or PowerBI is a plus
* For the needs of this role, we may want someone to come into the office from time to time
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
The salary for this position is $45,000.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands