Designer - Manga/Manhua (Open to Remote)
Penguin Random House, Emeryville, CA
Home of the world’s best books.
Qualified candidates must be knowledgeable in the Manga / Manhua space. We require an exceptional level of attention to detail and organization, an eagerness to learn the publishing side of adapting and designing books, and the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
* Layout and process art and lettering files starting with initial layout all the way to press.
* Ability to letter, create, and edit speech bubbles.
* Create or adapt SFX from other languages into English.
* Convert art from web scroll layout to print layout.
* Collaborate with and support the Art Director.
* Meet with editorial, author, and art team throughout book creation process.
* Track art status from numerous collaborators on multiple deadlines.
* Execute design concepts generated by others, working with templates.
* Implement editorial text corrections to interior book pages.
* Maintain schedules and meet deadlines on assigned projects.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in book publishing or web comic design
* A portfolio that showcases strong typography and lettering
* Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
* Knowledge of color correction, prepress, file preparation, and proofing for print design
* Proficiency in SFX text design
* Ability to work on multiple projects with strict timelines in a fast-paced environment
* Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
* Written Mandarin and/or Japanese language skills a plus
The Ten Speed Press offices are located in Emeryville, CA. This role is open to remote candidates.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$63,000. Please apply using our online application process, including your resume and link to your portfolio.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.