Associate Manager, National Accounts
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Selling frontlist titles to Barnes & Noble (retail and online) on a regular basis and presenting results in sales reports.
* Performing detailed sales analysis including tracking sales, forecasting demand, and defining opportunities.
* Working to manage and substantially grow the backlist through backlist analysis and developing backlist programs.
* Working to manage and substantially grow holiday and seasonal sales opportunities
* Working closely with other internal departments to develop retail promotions.
* Tracking and managing orders and inventory
* Minimum of 3 years of publishing sales experience, including directly interacting with accounts
* Ability to regularly visit Barnes & Noble’s home office and meet with B&N colleagues in NYC with minimal notice/on an ad hoc basis
* Superb written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to successfully manage internal and external relationships
* Excellent analytical skills
* Highly organized and self-motivated
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
* Excellent presentation skills
* Attention to detail a must
* Ability to be flexible in a changing marketplace
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Prior experience within children’s publishing is a plus
* Experience with SAP and/or Business Objects is a plus
* Fluency in Spanish is a plus
The salary for this position is $60,000.00
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.