Associate Manager/Manager, National Accounts
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
If you are a dynamic, team-oriented individual with a creative, entrepreneurial attitude, and a deep love of books, we encourage you to apply for our Associate National Account Manager/National Account Manager position representing a diverse array of independent publishers to Barnes & Noble, including New York Review Books, Shambhala Publications, Other Press, Catapult, and more.
For a look at our complete list of client publishers, please click here:
Specific responsibilities include:
* Crafting monthly presentations for the Barnes & Noble frontlist buyers
* Monitoring orders and sales and maximizing opportunities
* Communicating marketplace updates and opportunities to clients and sales managers
* Actively participating in all publisher meetings
* Engaging in regular sales analysis
* Presenting lead titles to the Barnes & Noble merchandising team on a seasonal basis
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* Ability to regularly visit Barnes & Noble’s home office and meet with B&N colleagues in NYC with minimal notice/on an ad hoc basis
* 3 years of sales experience
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* The ability to adapt and work well under pressure
* Dynamic analytical skills with the ability to innovate
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
The salary for this position to be considered at an Associate level is $60,000 and the salary to be considered at the manager level will be at $67,000.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands