Sales Assistant, Penguin Random House Publishing Services (Open to Remote)
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
* Assist sales managers with day-to-day client queries
* Collect, maintain, and track seasonal materials for client publishers and distribute them to sales reps as requested
* Confirm accuracy of title information on seasonal materials, including comparable titles and sales estimate due dates
* Correspond with client publishers regularly regarding meeting/deadline reminders, metadata, title information, and drop-in titles
* Provide regular sales reporting to clients and sales managers
* Manage and maintain client driven digital promotions
* Collaborate with other team members to set up and run WebEx meetings
* Gather and share sales rep feedback with client publishers
* Help update documentation about processes and best practices for the imprint sales team
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work both independently and collaboratively
* Create a complete, thorough work product with a high attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including following directions and consistent follow-up
* An action-oriented self-starter with enthusiasm, curiosity, and ability to take initiative
* Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Teams, SAP, or WebEx a plus
* Experience in a customer support role, publishing, or bookselling a plus
The salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.