Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
TarcherPerigee, a nonfiction imprint of Penguin Random House, is looking for a creative, entrepreneurial editor to join our team, to help us build on our success and grow our list of eclectic and empowering titles. At TarcherPerigee, we’re passionate about diversifying the wellness and self-help space to speak to the needs of a wider audience and new generation. The incoming Editor should come equipped with ideas, interests, and industry awareness, along with a strong desire to create the change you want to see in the world through books. In this role, the Editor will communicate between authors, agents, and the in-house publishing staff to acquire, shape, and successfully publish books in our core categories, which include mental health, personal growth, spirituality, journals, and illustrated nonfiction. TarcherPerigee’s bestselling titles include Set Boundaries, Find Peace, Burn After Writing, The Odd 1s Out, The Big Activity Book for Anxious People, and Start Where You Are, along with backlist classics like The Artist’s Way and Attached. Help us discover the smart, creative books everyone will be talking about, whether they’re quirky journals, illustrated gift books, or more traditional self-help – and bring it to readers where they are.
For Consideration, please apply using our ATS system and include your cover letter, resume, and trade acquisitions list.
* Acquiring, editing, and overseeing the publication of approximately 8-10 nonfiction books and revised editions per year.
* Communicating with authors and agents in all phases of the publishing process, from acquisition to publish date.
* Developing strong working relationships with Managing Editorial, Production, and other essential in-house departments.
* Following cultural and industry trends in order to evaluate potential projects and identify new opportunities.
* Effectively representing own list as well as the imprint to media, booksellers, foreign publishers, literary organizations, and other out-of-house contacts beyond authors and agents
* Minimum of 4 years of publishing experience in editorial acquisitions for a general trade publisher with a genuine interest in nonfiction and a detailed eye on book trends in health & wellness and the personal growth space Contacts in the agent community
* Robust trade acquisitions list
* Strong editing capabilities and ease with navigating authors through the editing process and providing expert feedback
* Team player comfortable working independently and collaborating closely with a larger team
* Remains solutions-focused when managing deadlines and when building relationships externally and internally
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Timely follow-up and organizational skills
* Proven ability to set priorities under pressure and multi-task effectively
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.
The salary for this position is $67,000.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands