Marketing Assistant, Penguin Young Readers
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
The Assistant will provide day-to-day administrative support, as well as assist with title-level marketing campaigns and consumer festival promotions. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment that is home to many bestselling and award-winning authors, such as John Green, Jacqueline Woodson, Ruta Sepetys, Sabaa Tahir, Max Brallier, Kristin Cashore, Ransom Riggs, and many more.
* Provides extensive administrative support, including scheduling meetings, department note-taking, data entry, inputting information into marketing plans, ordering books and supplies, preparing presentations and documents, and circulating materials for approval
* Provides administrative and creative support for the consumer festival campaign process, from brainstorming to the creation and shipping of materials to working some of the in-person shows
* Manages seasonal sales schedules and deadlines
* Assists with sales materials support, including creation of digital catalog assets, promotional materials, and seasonal sales resources
* Writes copy for marketing materials (such as displays, promotional items, show-specific materials, etc.)
* Assists members of the marketing team with various aspects of title marketing campaigns and content development
* Communicates extensively with other internal departments
* Travel to consumer festivals occasionally
* 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
* Some work experience, via internship or employment, is preferred
* Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
* Exceptional attention-to-detail and ability to multi-task
* Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, as well as with a team
* An enthusiasm for marketing as a discipline, interest in media trends, and office experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
* Knowledge of Photoshop or Canva is a bonus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process and include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.