Writer / Editor
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.
Are you an exceptional writer and editor? Are you a fan of Mediabistro?
If you answered yes to both of those questions, we want to hear from you!
Recruiter.com's Mediabistro is hiring: Writer/Editor
Who We Are:
Mediabistro is the leading careers community for media professionals, writers, and content creators. Mediabistro is a Recruiter.com company.
As a whole, Recruiter.com is rapidly becoming a top-of-mind solution for recruiting professional employees. Our software platforms allow employers to recruit like experts or enlist our expert team of on-demand recruiters. We care about our clients and employees alike. We are driven to create a workplace where hard work and innovative thinking are rewarded.
VIRTUAL - ANYWHERE IN THE USA.
Who You Are:
In this role, you will be focused on writing and editing for the Mediabistro website and newsletters and optimizing and leveraging existing content – all with an eye on community growth and engagement. You will create content directed towards both employers and job seekers.
You have the following experience and expertise:
- 2+ years of experience with managing and writing for digital required.
- Digital – reporting and analyzing analytics, posting, and publishing on CMS. Basic understanding of SEO and content marketing principles.
- Ability to write, edit, and produce content in a highly disciplined manner without significant management.
- A deep interest in the media and publishing industry and the landscape for workers in the space.
Nice to haves:
- Experience covering the media, publishing, or freelancing sectors is a plus but not required.
- Newsletter experience is a plus but not required.
Day in the life of this role (but not limited to):
- Write articles, and potentially guides, and other content, for www.mediatbistro.com.
- Write and produce newsletters in an email management system (EMS).
- Optimize all content for engagement and growth in the framework of an SEO-driven content plan.
- Manage and understand Google Analytics and related data-focused tools. Report on content performance to the rest of the team and management.
- Manage a disciplined content calendar.
- Review existing content for opportunities to update and leverage for engagement.
- Edit freelancer-contributed content for www.mediabistro.com.
- Promote additional Recruiter.com and Mediabistro services, including resume review services, courses, events, and relevant third-party product and service discounts for members.
Compenation & Benefits:
- We offer our employees incredible career advancement opportunities, an inclusive, friendly, engaging work culture, and a highly competitive set of company benefits.
- $60k OTE (on track earnings): Comprised of a base salary of $55,000 additional performance-based incentives.
- We offer incentive stock options and a full suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and supplemental Life policies.
Why Should You Apply?
- Opportunity to get in early to a growing, dynamic startup environment with a brand you know and trust, Mediabistro.
- Competitive pay with opportunities for additional performance-based compensation
- Terrific medical and other ancillary benefits
- Fun, interactive environment & culture
- Exposure to the fast-moving recruiting tech industry
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Recruiter.com is disrupting the $120 billion recruiting and staffing industry by combining an AI and Video hiring platform with the world's largest network of over 27,500 small and independent recruiters. Businesses of all sizes recruit talent faster using the Recruiter.com platform, which is powered by virtual teams of Recruiters On Demand and Video and AI job-matching technology.
Want to learn more about Recruiter.com? Visit Recruiter.com's website.
Create the extraordinary.