Venture Capital Investment Associate
Recruiter.com, Santa Monica, CA
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.
This L.A. based asset management and investment advisory firm is looking for a Venture Capital Investment Associate to join their team.
This is a team committed to building an elite fintech venture capital organization—and this position is a central part of their investment team. This is a role with significant day one responsibility and requires an organized, entrepreneurial mind who wants to be challenged and stretched. If you are passionate about technology, a geek for financial services, and take pride in delivering excellence, they want you to join them.
What will you do?
Sourcing. You will be the boots on the ground in Los Angeles and the broader fintech scene. You will carry their flag at every tech event you attend, and you will build relationships with startups and other investors along the way. You are a natural networker—you like meeting new people and you yourself are also quite likeable.
Analysis. You are a junkie for the next new idea and light up when listening to entrepreneurs share theirs. You look forward to building the detailed financial model of how one of their potential investments will actually make money. You are excited to crack the market sizing assumptions provided by entrepreneurs and unpack their assumptions. You are just cynical enough to recognize when a CEO hasn’t really figured it out, and confident enough to place a bet when you’re sure they have.
Execution. You will be driving the process of evaluating potential transactions from start to finish. You can run fast and make things happen on your own—this position will require you to be super-productive in a highly independent way.
You are good at simply figuring things out and don’t get flustered easily.
What are you like?
- 4+ years’ work experience from an investment bank, VC/PE firm, fintech startup or something else so great they can’t easily envision it.
- Domain knowledge of the financial services industry, and more importantly you have a genuine passion for both technology and financial services.
- You are relentlessly attentive to detail and display an unquestioned work ethic.
- You are an organizational wizard who makes everyone around you better – a lot better.
- You’re a creative, speculative thinker who can envision how markets and industries might evolve.
- You maintain a commitment to honesty and holding yourself accountable to the highest standards.
Recruiter.com is disrupting the $120 billion recruiting and staffing industry by combining an AI and Video hiring platform with the world's largest network of over 27,500 small and independent recruiters. Businesses of all sizes recruit talent faster using the Recruiter.com platform, which is powered by virtual teams of Recruiters On Demand and Video and AI job-matching technology.
Want to learn more about Recruiter.com? Visit Recruiter.com's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands