Chief of Staff / Associate
Recruiter.com, New York, NY
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.
This boutique strategy consulting firm is seeking a Chief of Staff to join its team. You will work as the right hand to one of the partners, helping her serve clients, deepen her relationships in the market, and expand the footprint of her platform. Her work spans both the firm's corporate advisory and social impact practices, and is broad by design: the engagements she has led range from advising the executive team of a leading hedge fund to designing the strategy for a new funder collaborative focused on strengthening social cohesion. With the firm's corporate clients, she is often (but not exclusively) focused on organizational design, culture, and talent. With social sector clients, her work focuses on shaping strategies for systems change. Within the firm, she also serves as their Head of People and is a member of the firm management team. You will partner with the partner in two ways: developing and managing the systems that underpin her business development and client delivery platform as her Chief of Staff, and working alongside her in select client engagements as an Associate Consultant.
What will you do?
- Project management: You will own the infrastructure that enables the partner's work, acting as a chief of staff as you refine and run the systems that enable her effectiveness and which build momentum across her program. Examples include acting as internal owner of their Systems Change practice under her sponsorship (agenda-setting; goal-tracking, etc.), designing and executing her business development machines, and playing a role in the effectiveness of the firm's People function. Alongside the design of these systems, you will also manage her logistics, getting above the administrative work to think at a more strategic level as you negotiate the demands on her time and the diverse priorities of their business.
- Client advisory support: You will work with the partner as she advises a diverse portfolio of clients, acting as a thought partner, supporting the development of client materials, and providing research that helps to power their work.
- Building the firm! On a small team like theirs, every member is an important part of building the culture, systems, and practices of this place. Your contributions to firm-building will help shape the future of the firm.
What are you like?
They are looking for individuals with 2 to 4 years of relevant job experience—most likely in business, but they are open to sectors where experience will rapidly translate into impact in the firm's business setting. They seek candidates who are excited to put their fingerprints on this role and who see how this role can provide experience that will serve as a springboard to the next chapter in their career.
- You are highly empathetic. You enjoy enabling others, are strong at understanding how the work you set into motion will unfold, and at appreciating the way others will experience that work
- You are entrepreneurial, taking initiative and ownership to visualize the next step in any given process, and are thoughtful and design-minded about pulling work towards you and driving progress.
- You are a conceptual and systematic thinker: you can relate abstract ideas to concrete examples and actions, and you can also digest and distill complex projects in ways that balance detail-orientation with landing the right altitude.
- You are self-directed and can thrive in ambiguity. You work well independently, and know when and how to seek help from others. You have an action-orientation and drive results without tight monitoring.
- You are disciplined and intentional. You consistently follow through, translating intentions and decisions into sustained effort and results.
- You have excellent communication skills. You write clearly and compellingly. The ability to communicate visually (e.g., through simple visual frameworks) is a strong plus.
- You are passionate about learning. You seek out direct feedback and are invested in your professional development. You’re intellectually curious, eager to work across sectors, to learn more about how organizations work, and how they can function more effectively. You are resilient in the face of a challenge.
Anything else you should know?
Why the Role is Compelling
Working directly with extraordinary business thinkers, you will experience first-hand what it means to be a part of a well-run, growing startup, and what it means to succeed as an advisor. Through exposure to all aspects of a partner’s work, this position offers a uniquely well-rounded view into their business, and can serve as a powerful launchpad for candidates interested in both business and social change. They’re exceptionally focused on how work gets done, and are deeply committed to excellence in their results, bringing a high degree of intentionality to their daily work. You’ll be part of an accomplished, diverse, and close-knit team in which each individual is committed to rapid development -- theirs and their colleagues’.
Their work touches a wide variety of sectors, including social impact, corporate environments and venture. You will be exposed to a broad range of leaders and issues, to the internal infrastructure and operations of a growing professional services firm, and to a body of innovative thinking and research.
Recruiter.com is disrupting the $120 billion recruiting and staffing industry by combining an AI and Video hiring platform with the world's largest network of over 27,500 small and independent recruiters. Businesses of all sizes recruit talent faster using the Recruiter.com platform, which is powered by virtual teams of Recruiters On Demand and Video and AI job-matching technology.
Want to learn more about Recruiter.com? Visit Recruiter.com's website.
Create the extraordinary.