Recruiter.com, New York, NY
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.
This VC and Private Equity Principals Firm is on a mission to build a company that creates great companies to positively impact our society and planet, and they are looking for a Principal to join their team.
The Principal will be a key contributor to the team, driving the first phases of their repeatable process. They will be responsible for evaluating new ideas, working alongside partners to quickly build a perspective on their size and fit with brand approach. They will contribute deeply to the hard work of researching prioritized concepts and building go/no-go investment cases for them. They will also contribute to the development of the brand's commercialization methodologies - building on existing startup and venture frameworks and their unique perspective gained from the dozens of startup experiences of their leadership team.
What will you do?
- Responsible for driving initial ideas through to vetted and investable business concepts
- Conduct diligence evaluations on investment verticals and new business ideas
- Quarterback a pod of members of their platform team including Researchers, Designers, and Product/Eng that are dedicated to a specific exploration
- Explore potential technical and business model solutions to consumer frictions within target verticals through expert interviews, consumer research, prototyping, and other discovery and testing techniques
- Develop the investment case for business concepts and deliver to their Internal Investment Committee
- Partner closely with portfolio companies on projects to support their ability to rapidly scale, especially on topics of commercialization and business strategy
- Support the development and documentation of their venturing process - especially market diligence, idea formation, and portfolio management methodologies
- Work in parallel across multiple projects concurrently - hitting commitments while responding to urgent needs
What are you like?
- 8-10 years professional experience combining investment strategy background (VC/PE investing, management consulting, or related) alongside practical operating experience (startups, technology companies, or related)
- Practical problem solving mindset - uses a structured approach to identify, correctly frame and analyze to the essential, actionable insights
- Proven track record of success with demonstrated world-class outcomes
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written); comfortable in executive-level business discussions and decision-making forums.
- Willing to take appropriate risk (have done so and can show it, have experienced failure)
- Agile - have shown impact in high growth environments with rapidly changing direction
- Humble and hungry in the face of ambiguity - able to create your own context
- Willing to roll up sleeves and do the hard work
- Scrappy and creative in pursuit of a solution
- Be fun to work with
This position is based in Boston or San Francisco with in-office of 1-3 days per week, varying based on project needs.
Recruiter.com is disrupting the $120 billion recruiting and staffing industry by combining an AI and Video hiring platform with the world's largest network of over 27,500 small and independent recruiters. Businesses of all sizes recruit talent faster using the Recruiter.com platform, which is powered by virtual teams of Recruiters On Demand and Video and AI job-matching technology.
Want to learn more about Recruiter.com? Visit Recruiter.com's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.