RF|Binder, New York, NY
Work at RF|Binder
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience with great benefits and perks!
We are recruiting a proactive, dynamic and intellectually curious Senior Designer with 5-8 years of experience in a dynamic creative environment such as a design, branding, advertising, or visual communications firm.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starting, strategic visual designer with analytical skills and a demonstrated history of superior client service and great case studies. The Senior Designer will use visual literacy to bring our clients’ brands to life unbound by channel. They will work closely with The Grove and Chief Creative Officer, servicing a robust mix of accounts that range in scope, scale and complexity. The Senior Designer will interface with clients and have an opportunity to work and collaborate with coworkers across different agency disciplines. The candidate will be highly organized with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, energetic environment, while successfully handling multiple assignments simultaneously under tight deadlines and maintaining high quality input.
This person should have strong design skills across traditional and digital platforms, with an understanding of color, composition and type theory as it applies to graphic design. The role requires skills in brainstorming, ideating, design and developing thematic concepts. While comfortable with current tools and trends, this candidate will also have a passion for learning future technologies.
In addition to their design talent, the Senior Designer will also excel in their written and verbal communication, able to use well-crafted prose to evoke a sense and essence of an idea, and write technical direction for design systems. Our Senior Designer will be comfortable giving presentations and speaking in groups to our team and to clients, demonstrating conviction for their point of view while being open to that of others.
The Senior Designer will be an exceptional individual with strong emotional intelligence as well as proven experience in teamwork, strategic analysis, and execution. The ideal candidate will also have worked in an agency or consultancy setting and understands the need for excellence in client service and operational efficiency while also fostering a culture of creativity, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
The Senior Designer must also demonstrate the highest levels of business and personal ethics and integrity. This person must embrace our dedication to fostering a positive and collaborative culture where people are excited to come to work every day, collaborate with their colleagues, and be passionate about what they are doing.
- Concept, design, and produce work across multiple channels – ranging but not exclusive to print, digital, social, environment, motion, brand experience and presentation
- Work across all agency accounts and business sectors
- Prioritize workload across accounts, for both short- and long-term projects – from ongoing retainer accounts to quick creative sprints for pitches and short-term projects
- Able to generate multiple visual solutions for same brief – diverse solutions and ideas
- Oversees other designers as a leader as well as collaborate closely with peers
- Basic copywriting that expresses different tonal voices and points of view. This will look like presentations to sell work, clear writing for guidelines, tag lines, and naming
- Share interesting examples of design and marketing with team – support shared learning and industry awareness
- Demonstrate commitment to developing craft
- Converse about current creative trends related to design and marketing communications
- Take advantage of learning opportunities through online tutorials, reading, and special events
- Learn new tools and design modalities i.e. motion graphics, UI & UX, video editing, etc.
- Proactively seek feedback
Experience and Qualifications
- 6-8 years of experience at a design, branding, advertising, or visual communications firm
- Strong portfolio a must – small projects to comprehensive case studies
- Deep understanding and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Video/audio editing skills a plus
- Strong digital skills across multiple platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, etc. You are a digital native
- Understanding of the advertising, design, and digital coms landscape, including current trends and technologies affecting our business
- Active interest in industry publications such as Ad Age, Ad Week, Creativity, CA,
- Print, AIGA, etc.
- Be able to converse about current creative trends related to design and marketing communications
- Passion to create award-winning work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a passion for collaboration
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Reports to: Chief Creative Officer
We invest in our employee experience and are honored to have been recognized as one of Crain’s Best Places to work in New York in 2019. Benefits and perks include:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance
- Generous PTO
- Flex and Dependent Care Spending
- Unlimited Sick Days
- Social Justice Committee
- Running Club
- Voting Club
- Black Voices Content Club
- Summer Fridays
- Mental Health Days
- Flexible/Hybrid work environment
- Civic Engagement Days
- Mentor program
- Professional career and growth plans
RF|Binder is a fully integrated communications and consulting firm -- powered by business acumen, analytics, creativity and purpose. Our mission is to enable our clients to build, grow, protect, transform their brands and reputations, and have influence. We have long-term partnerships with our clients and help them achieve their business objectives. We are business builders, marketers and communicators who solve business problems with purpose and a communications mindset, passionate about our work, our community, and our world and bring that enthusiasm to everything we do. Our spirit of innovation, collaboration, and curiosity has its roots in our history as an independent, entrepreneurial, woman-owned firm. We believe values, culture and purpose are key drivers for long-term growth and care deeply about our clients who can count on us to understand their sense of urgency, be collaborative, and a trusted partner. We stand by our purpose to empower our clients and our people to have impact. RF|Binder is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Boston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, and a global presence through our PROI partners.
Want to learn more about RF|Binder? Visit RF|Binder's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands