YouTube Editor, Current Time
RFE/RL, Prague, Bohemia Czech Republic
RFE/RL promotes democratic values by providing accurate and uncensored news.
Salary: competitive with benefits
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Current Time is the leading independent Russian-language television channel, providing factual news, unbiased reporting, and engaging video content to Russian-speaking audiences. We strive to ensure people have access to accurate information in places where such access may be limited by censorship, and freedom of speech may be under threat.
The Current Time team is searching for a YouTube Video Editor with a passion for storytelling and a relentless commitment to journalistic impartiality and execution. This role will require you to manage our critical YouTube page that allows us to effectively reach audiences within Russia. Through creative rigor and a propensity to overcome challenges you will have a direct influence on the digital success of Current Time’s TV products and thus drive user engagement and satisfaction with our platform. You will work cross-functionally with editors, senior producers, multimedia producers, and visual journalists to produce high quality, impactful content online.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Develop and implement YouTube strategy to grow audience and engage with users through videos produced by Current Time
- Collaborate with other editors to issue final video projects, including social media-appropriate headlines and descriptions in a timely manner
- Assemble and cultivate high quality footage into a distributable finished project
- Quickly grasp the production team's needs and specifications
- Consult with stakeholders throughout the pre-production to post-production process
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you bring:
- 5+ years of professional journalistic experience
- University education in journalism or related field or equivalent in experience
- Proven track record handling progressively challenging assignments
- Substantial editorial experience in international media
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop) and iMovie
- Creative mind and storytelling skills with proven ability to enterprise and innovate to create new ways to tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms
- Strong sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail
- Superior knowledge of social media, particularly in relation to the Russian media environment
- Native Russian speaker
- Proficient in English
- Knowledge of other RFE/RL target language desirable; Central Asian preferred
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Positions at RFE/RL are considered Public Trust Positions, with appointment contingent upon the positive outcome of a background investigation.
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can't always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL's editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
Want to learn more about RFE/RL? Visit RFE/RL's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands