Manager, Digital Communications & Social Strategy
Robin Hood Foundation, New York, NY USA
Work at Robin Hood Foundation
Salary: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Robin Hood has excellent benefits and encourages strong work-life balance.
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Robin Hood is seeking a Manager, Digital Communications & Social Strategy. This person will help optimize and execute Robin Hood’s digital communications efforts, including, but not limited to, updating Robin Hood’s website, executing regular email campaigns, driving social media strategy and content creation, and managing other digital assets. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Communications, this position requires the ability to develop and implement digital strategies that enhance our brand, expand the reach of our audience, and reinforce our messaging.
- Working across Robin Hood’s development/marketing/events, policy, and program teams to tell the story of Robin Hood’s work fighting poverty in New York City on our digital channels
- Updating website content on robinhood.org and maintaining internal website content management workflows and approvals
- Developing and implementing social media strategies that drive awareness and engagement across relevant platforms while augmenting our core messaging and highlighting our work, from event promotion to new program launches and research releases
- Drafting and scheduling social media content for Robin Hood social channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube) that educate, inspire, and move people to action
- Identifying and utilizing and reporting out consistent metrics that demonstrate our growth on social media, our website, and email, with a goal of increasing engagement with our key audiences (donors, community partners and other constituencies we communicate with online)
- Implement issue-specific social listening campaigns
- As needed, assist Senior Digital Comms and Senior Marketing Manager with promotional social media campaign planning for events and initiatives (including paid social and influencer outreach campaigns)
- Possessing an ability to comprehend, interpret, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data at a college undergraduate level, as well as find and utilize primary research sources online to share in visual formats for multiple audiences
- Identifying and implementing innovation in the non-profit digital landscape, spotting industry and cultural trends, best practices, and emerging technologies and risks. Work with vendors, from social media strategists and PR retainers to web developers and freelance writers, to create content and manage digital strategy for web, social, email and blogs
- Bachelor’s degree and four to five years of experience in digital communications in a corporate, PR agency, newsroom, nonprofit, or governmental entity
- Strong project management experience with ability to drive towards deadlines and goals in a timely fashion
- Strong familiarity with WordPress and website content management
- Experience with Mailchimp or a similar integrated marketing platform
- Experience working in Salesforce, or a similar customer relationship management (CRM) environment
- Experience working in and maintaining social media management platforms, such as Hootsuite or Sprout Social
- Strong writing skills, with ability to distill complex ideas into short form content for social and web
- Adobe creative suite experience, specifically creating graphic assets and editing photos
- Google Analytics and social media analytics experience
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Robin Hood is committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and representation in all aspects of its work. As New York City’s largest poverty-fighting organization, Robin Hood believes that building a diverse team is fundamental to its ability to effectively serve and strengthen organizations serving the most vulnerable communities in the city, and to influence the policies that affect them.
Robin Hood believes in the potential that diversity creates – deep and responsive relationships with its community partners; the ability to solve complex problems efficiently and effectively; and, most importantly, the ability of its diverse staff to work to its full capacity.
Robin Hood builds diversity, inclusion, and equity practices into all aspects of its work. Its practices, values, traditions, and beliefs are embedded in the inclusive culture that it creates. Operationally, its formal and informal structures support a work environment that advances the professional development of staff at all levels, allows for innovation, and grounds its work as poverty fighters.
In its workplace, diversity equals representation. Robin Hood seeks to attract and retain a staff that reflects the communities that it serves. Racial and ethnic diversity matter to it, as does diversity among other cultural identifiers (ability, educational background, generation, gender, gender expression religion, immigration status, military status, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status).
Diversity within Robin Hood's staff is enhanced by its efforts at meaningful inclusion. It ensures that team members are empowered to make decisions, offer actionable feedback, and share credit for team success. Further, Robin Hood seeks to develop its talent professionally and has created an intentional focus on mentorship and sponsorship, particularly of junior staff. its goal is to encourage long term talent retention and engagement, while fostering a culture of innovation.
Robin Hood Guiding Principles
As an organization committed to economic mobility, our work is grounded in the following Guiding Principles:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proximity and humanity
- Risk-taking and innovation
Our professional community reflects myriad demographic characteristics, perspectives, and backgrounds, which includes various identities that reflect diversity in gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability, and socioeconomic status. Our colleagues have access to opportunity and advancement, as we promote fair and equitable treatment and have encouraged participation by underrepresented groups. As a team, we promote a sense of belonging, high levels of engagement, and shared respect.
- Robin Hood puts people first. Always.
- Robin Hood is unafraid to take action and create solutions.
- Robin Hood is data driven and heart led.
- Robin Hood works the coat check.
Please visit our website to complete our online application.
Robin Hood is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from diverse backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that Robin Hood Foundation has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Robin Hood employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
About Robin Hood Foundation
Founded in 1988, Robin Hood finds, fuels, and creates the most impactful and scalable solutions on economic mobility in New York City. The largest poverty fighting organization in New York City, Robin Hood partners with top nonprofits in New York City and invests in legal services, housing, meals, workforce development training, education programs, and other vital services that give New Yorkers in need the tools they need to build better lives. The programs it funds are often the first of their kind and serve as demonstration models to identify what works before being replicated in other cities. Because its Board of Directors covers 100% of all administrative, fundraising, and evaluation costs, every dollar donated goes directly to organizations helping New Yorkers in need.
While Robin Hood’s primary focus is on New York, its impact extends far beyond the borders of the city. Its pioneering, metrics-based approach has become the gold standard for charities around the nation as Robin Hood works to understand and evaluate the impact of its partners to ensure that its philanthropic dollars are utilized to maximum impact. Robin Hood also supports its community partners and their leaders with financial and strategic support and management assistance that allows those organizations to maximize their impact.
Building on our 30 years of experience, Robin Hood is expanding our impact with an explicit focus on lifting families sustainably and measurably out of poverty through supporting the most effective community partners; influencing public policy; raising our thought leadership profile; importing and exporting effective ideas and strategies nationally; and building new collaborations with strategic partners. As New York City emerges from the worst of the global pandemic, we are focused on getting families back on their feet; getting kids back on track; and getting New Yorkers back to work.
Robin Hood also understands that if we are to support families living in poverty and find permanent pathways out of poverty and towards financial independence, we must become an effective partner with government, especially at the City and State levels. We do this by leveraging the expertise of those who are closest to the challenges of poverty, including community members, community-based organizations, and others with specialized skills and knowledge. We also aim to collaborate with New York City government to fund program and policy innovations that hold the promise of expanding economic opportunity in New York City – providing nimble “risk capital” for high-potential strategies. In this way, we seek to leverage our philanthropic investments by finding ways to advance the highest-impact strategies at scale.
Given its long-standing reputation among influencers and support of over 200 New York City non-profit organizations, Robin Hood has the unique ability to be a catalyzing force for households experiencing poverty, bringing distinct constituencies together to develop and spread the most effective strategies to advance economic mobility in New York City and beyond.
Want to learn more about Robin Hood Foundation? Visit Robin Hood Foundation's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA