Manager, Custom Content
AMERICAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION, Chicago, IL USA
Work at AMERICAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Manager, Custom Content
The American Dental Association is dedicated to promoting the public's health through its initiatives in research, education, advocacy, public awareness and the development of standards.
The Manager of Custom Content uses proven project management and content development skills to execute on a content strategy to build and manage a diverse portfolio of integrated media. This position will require solid project management skills, excellent communication skills, proven abilities to work in a fast-paced digital publishing environment that includes content editing, writing, multimedia development/coordination, managing certain aspects of lead-nurturing campaigns and native advertising. This role collaborates with advertisers/sponsors, editors and internal and external experts to develop a portfolio of integrated digital and print media products with a voice consistent with the ADA's editorial platforms. This position will also manage the development of new content marketing products; collaborate with sales team on new business development opportunities; build consultative programs with innovative content and distribution methods.
- BS/BA in Journalism, Marketing or Communications, or a related field.
- Must have 5 years of experience progressive experience in managing content creation across print and digital platforms in a marketing or B2B publishing organization.
- Experience managing projects, people and budgets, new product development, content development and editorial management.
- Must have the ability to: interact with high-level executives, client-customers, and creative personnel; exhibit business acumen; drive for results; and solve complex issues in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Must be able to use data to support business decisions.
- Must have knowledge of print and digital platforms in a healthcare environment.
- Must have excellent oral, written, presentation, planning, leadership, project and time management, peer relationship, and collaboration skills.
- Must have knowledge of publishing, multimedia, content development, project management.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be proficient in content asset management systems, HTML-based email programs, CRM's, Paid and earned social media platforms, Publishing software, and Video/audio editing.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Proficient in HubSpot
- Understanding of website metrics/reporting
- Experience working within the process channels of an academic, non-profit or healthcare institution
- Professional or association-based B2B scientific or dental publishing experience
- Ability to work in a complex, member-driven association
- MS or MBA.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Create the extraordinary.