Senior Account Manager (Publications)
Springer Nature, London or Philadelphia
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
inScience Communications has over 30 years’ experience in providing strategic and tactical medical communications services to the global pharmaceutical industry. Working in partnership with our valued clients, we deliver the highest quality of service and ethical content by drawing on the extensive talent and experience of our global team. We pride ourselves on ensuring each individual has the ability to contribute to our continuing expansion, providing the opportunity to progress their career and make a real difference to this dynamic agency.
The Senior Account Manager functions as a key member of the account management team for delivery across the whole range of Medical Communications products and services. This includes autonomous financial management for all accounts, account management, being main point of client contact, project delivery, and resourcing.
- Autonomously manage projects on-time and on-budget according to SOPs and client standards
- Oversee development of the project brief with the client, work with other members of the delivery team to deliver projects (publications, meetings, multimedia, thought leader development, customized products to name a few) in accordance with the needs of the client and target audience
- Develop and implement budgets and milestones with client teams on all projects
- Attend and manage client meetings and scientific meetings as part of the delivery team, as required
- Attend and manage internal status meetings with team, including updating all meeting minutes and meeting reports
- Effectively manage and keep up to date the internal financial tracking tools with all financial information
- Contribute to new business proposals/RFPs and pitches including slide development and attend pitches, as needed.
- Line management of 1 Project Manager
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Experience, skills, and qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Medical Communications Agency company is essential
- College Degree (or equivalent), preferably in life sciences. College degree in marketing with experience in the pharmaceutical industry also acceptable.
- Experienced managing a variety of clients, plus project managing a large workload over a number of different accounts
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process required
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft packages essential
- Presents clearly and confidently to the highest level of customer
- Plans for resourcing depending of the needs of the existing accounts
- Able to assist in organic growth of assigned accounts
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and financial skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Line management experience
- Experience managing publications projects
- Hands-on knowledge of Datavision and other publication management tools
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.
About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. Working at the heart of a changing industry we are always looking for great people who care about delivering quality to our customers and the communities we work alongside.
In return you will find Springer Nature is a great place to learn from some of the best in the business, with a culture that empowers people to find solutions and act on their instincts.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or are an experienced professional, we invite you to find out more about the roles we offer and explore our current vacancies.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Want to learn more about Springer Nature? Visit Springer Nature's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Media Jobs For You
Assistant Teaching Professor, Television and Media Management
Drexel University-Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, Philadelphia, PA