Springer Nature, philadelphia, PA
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
Under limited supervision of the Senior Editor, the Associate Editor manages the development and workflow of assigned titles from signed contract to publication. The role involves extensive commissioning, author contact, manuscript review, long range planning for growth and development of the program. Responsible for a mixture of minimum 4-5 monthly, bimonthly, and/or quarterly journals
* Acquisitions activities: Within discipline or disciplines assigned by editorial management, pursues an active and efficient acquisitions policy through correspondence, meetings/editorial travel, consulting advisors, etc. Prepares contract folders to satisfaction of top management; presents own and other editors' titles at Editorial Conference.
* Within the discipline(s) assigned, responsible for defining, maintaining, and furthering the company's accepted goals in terms of program growth and development.
* Meets goals set by editorial management for contracts signed, manuscripts transmitted to production, and titles published each year.
* Interacts within the company with other acquisitions editors, production department, product managers, sales department, counterparts in Springer offices abroad, etc. Monitors other departments' activities on behalf of the Associate Editor's projects, and coordinates the Associate Editor's program (where possible) with corresponding programs in other Springer locations.
* In support of Editors, have the following responsibilities on selected projects: (1) Works with contracted authors and contributors to explain technical aspects of ms. preparation; monitors schedule and technical quality of submitted manuscripts and art; resolves problems related to making material suitable for production; and transmits manuscripts to production. (2) Conducts market and competitive research in support of and at the direction of editorial management.
Performs related duties as required.
* Bachelor’s degree.
* Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in related editorial capacity.
* Must be highly organized and attentive to detail.
* Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) in order to deal with people at all levels within the company and with external contacts
* Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
* Must be able to manage several projects at once and set/reset priorities as necessary. Must be self-motivated with a professional approach and can-do attitude.
About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. Working at the heart of a changing industry we are always looking for great people who care about delivering quality to our customers and the communities we work alongside.
In return you will find Springer Nature is a great place to learn from some of the best in the business, with a culture that empowers people to find solutions and act on their instincts.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or are an experienced professional, we invite you to find out more about the roles we offer and explore our current vacancies.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Want to learn more about Springer Nature? Visit Springer Nature's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.