Advisor, Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Springer Nature, New York, NY
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
At Springer Nature, diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is one of our highest strategic priorities. This focus is reflected in the public commitments we’ve made and the company values that guide our actions. This new role is an excellent opportunity for a skilled HR professional to leverage their passion and expertise in DEI and help us execute our global strategy. The Advisor, Global DEI will be responsible for driving global projects and in addition specific topics relevant to the geographic scope of North and South America. This role will partner with various teams across the business and be the point of contact for the Americas in terms of putting our DEI strategy into practice. This person will work in a global DEI team of 4 people and report to the Director Global DEI based in Berlin, Germany.
* Leverage DEI expertise to drive on DEI projects such as recruiting initiatives, training implementation and mentorship programs
* Coordinate with local and global HR partners for DEI strategy implementation in the areas of Talent Management, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Engagement and Relations which also includes data collection, validation and analytics
* Serve as advisor for global Employee Networks in alignment with the DEI strategy and our Network Governance Structure
* Function as advisor and point of contact for the Americas for DEI projects
* Communicate regionally to raise visibility and awareness of DEI strategies and initiatives
* Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Experience, skills and qualifications:
* Sound DEI knowledge including research, benchmarks and best practices
* 2+ years’ experience in an HR Role, with knowledge of laws and regulations (e.g. Affirmative Action) and related HR best practices (such as talent management processes, performance management, compensation, internal mobility, engagement and retention).
* Hands-on project management experience with the ability to translate complex ideas into manageable and structured work tasks
* Self-motivated, flexible, resilient and able to work independently as part of a global team
* Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills to consult and build solid relationships with internal stakeholders
* Strong intercultural awareness and experience working within a complex and high pace international organization
* Collaborative work style
* Fluent English language skills
* Sound working knowledge with regards to Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
* Ability to travel internationally when required
* Bachelor’s degree
* Professional experience in a previous DEI role
* Work experience in a corporate environment
* DEI training and certification
* Experience in a global environment using remote communications
* Solid analytical skills and the ability to seek out and research information in providing an appropriate and accurate output
About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. Working at the heart of a changing industry we are always looking for great people who care about delivering quality to our customers and the communities we work alongside.
In return you will find Springer Nature is a great place to learn from some of the best in the business, with a culture that empowers people to find solutions and act on their instincts.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or are an experienced professional, we invite you to find out more about the roles we offer and explore our current vacancies.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Want to learn more about Springer Nature? Visit Springer Nature's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands