Editor, Clinical Medicine Books
Springer Nature, New York, NY
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
* Acquisitions activities: Within discipline or disciplines assigned by Manager, pursues an active and efficient acquisitions program through correspondence, attending medical meetings, travel for university visits (if and as needed), consulting with series editors, volume editors, authors, etc. Prepares book proposals and contracts to satisfaction of Manager and Editorial Director.
* Understands overall targets for acquisitions and publishing; Associate Editor(s) if on team; Corresponds with and monitors Straive Developmental Editors to bring in contracted, completed book projects; reviews projects submitted by Straive Developmental Editors or by volume editors or authors to ensure; works with editorial assistant to ensure projects move into production in a timely manner; works with various Springer electronic systems; liaises with production personnel as needed as part of process to complete publication of books; monitors schedule of projects to ensure timely completion through production. Conducts market and competitive research in support of project presentation, program development, and acquisitions area understanding.
* Meets goals set by editorial management and Manager for contracts signed, manuscripts transmitted to production, and titles published each year.
* Present status of book programs – as well as those of any direct reports – and projects to Manager and Editorial Director and others as needed.
* Interacts with Springer staff members in the following departments: editorial, production, marketing, sales, customer service.
* Performs related duties as required and as assigned by Manager.
* May supervise associate editor in manuscript preparation and general office routines.
* Bachelor's degree required
* Minimum 5 + years' experience in related editorial capacity, including book acquisitions / development and manuscript-review experience
* Must be well-organized and attentive-to-detail, with good knowledge of PC operations, including use of Microsoft Office
About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. Working at the heart of a changing industry we are always looking for great people who care about delivering quality to our customers and the communities we work alongside.
In return you will find Springer Nature is a great place to learn from some of the best in the business, with a culture that empowers people to find solutions and act on their instincts.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or are an experienced professional, we invite you to find out more about the roles we offer and explore our current vacancies.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Want to learn more about Springer Nature? Visit Springer Nature's website.
Create the extraordinary.