Editorial Assistant, Nature Research
Springer Nature, New York, NY
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
Purpose of the Role
* Support authors, reviewers and editors with the processing of manuscripts from submission to acceptance
* Ensure journal requirements are met by performing required quality checks and obtaining legal forms.
* Maintain accurate person records and manuscript history by following agreed workflows
* Manage the flow of manuscripts from submission to acceptance through the manuscript tracking system (MTS); perform quality checks on manuscripts and ensure all required legal paperwork is collected and stored.
* Provide support for Authors, Reviewers and Editors; troubleshoot and assist with system issues and escalate to the relevant teams as required.
* Maintain correct information within the databases; update and merge person records within the MTS and ensure manuscript information is correct.
* Assist with editorial reports and other ad hoc tasks associated with the editorial workflow.
* Provide team cover during periods of absence.
* Experience working in a fast-paced office environment is preferred.
* Microsoft Office and Google suites; database management
* Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
* Strong interpersonal skills and a customer service ethos
* Ability to follow instructions and adhere carefully to established procedures
* Ability to work to a specified list of priorities with speed and accuracy
* Ability to organize and juggle a varied workload under pressure and to work quickly and efficiently without constant supervision
* Capacity to make thoughtful decisions and use initiative
* Attention to detail
* Punctuality and reliability
* A positive attitude in the workplace and a willingness to co-operate with colleagues
* Educated to degree level
About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. Working at the heart of a changing industry we are always looking for great people who care about delivering quality to our customers and the communities we work alongside.
In return you will find Springer Nature is a great place to learn from some of the best in the business, with a culture that empowers people to find solutions and act on their instincts.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or are an experienced professional, we invite you to find out more about the roles we offer and explore our current vacancies.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Want to learn more about Springer Nature? Visit Springer Nature's website.
Create the extraordinary.