Senior Medical Writer
Springer Nature, Philadelphia, PA
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
* Jersey City, NJ
* New York, NY
* Philadelphia, PA
* Act as Lead Writer for one or more major accounts and provide the main point of contact on matters of scientific content for the client and KOLs
* Review scientific content according to client needs, internal quality standards and agreed specifications, budgets and timeframes
* Contribute to revenue targets by ensuring that projects are progressed as soon as possible after confirmation
* Monitor own adherence to budget and utilization rate
* Apply knowledge of the therapeutic use and strategic marketing of pharmaceuticals to account plans, strategic publication plans, strategic communication programs, proposals and pitches
* Participate fully in briefing and brainstorming meetings
* Provide scientific expertise to Business Development in the development of new business pitches and proposals
* In conjunction with the Scientific Services Director and Assistant Scientific Services Director(s), help develop writers within an account team to achieve their full potential
Experience, skills, and qualifications
* BSc/BA, preferably in life sciences ; PharmD, MD or PhD strongly preferred
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in medical writing within a medical communications agency or publishing environment
* An excellent understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process
* Experience in data handling and analysis
* Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
* Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft packages
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Ability to manage multiple writing projects at one time
* Strong communicator with the ability to present clearly and confidently to the highest level of customer
About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. Working at the heart of a changing industry we are always looking for great people who care about delivering quality to our customers and the communities we work alongside.
In return you will find Springer Nature is a great place to learn from some of the best in the business, with a culture that empowers people to find solutions and act on their instincts.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or are an experienced professional, we invite you to find out more about the roles we offer and explore our current vacancies.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Want to learn more about Springer Nature? Visit Springer Nature's website.
Create the extraordinary.