Senior Medical Writer, Medical Education
Springer Nature, Philadelphia, PA
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
This position can be located in either our New York office, NY, Jersey City office, NJ, or our Philadelphia office, PA.
* Write clear and succinct needs assessments that provide evidence for identified clinical practice gaps, that follow recognized standards, and are supported by internal and external data
* Write proposals that tell a compelling story on the rationale, instructional intent, and value of the proposed educational solution
* Provide research and content development expertise for medical education projects specific to program type and audience
* Work with Client Services team to respond to RFPs or other business development opportunities, including researching therapeutic areas, proposing curricula, and participating in pitches
* Work across varied therapeutic areas, acquiring up to date knowledge as needed
* At times, manage external medical writers or thought leader contributors to ensure that content developed is of the highest editorial quality, and in alignment with client expectations and medical/legal/regulatory requirements and processes
* Resolve content-related queries from the client
* Contribute to revenue targets by ensuring that projects are progressed as soon as possible after confirmation
* Monitor own adherence to budget and utilization rate
* Attend account team meetings (business development, status, copy review or medical/legal/regulatory review, job kickoffs) as well as editing team and department meetings, as available
* Participate in project kick-off and related calls/meetings with clients, vendors, or other external stakeholders as necessary
* Mentor more junior members of the writing/editorial team
* Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Experience, skills, and qualifications
* Graduate degree (MS or higher) in a scientific discipline
* Minimum of 6 years’ medical/science writing and editorial experience within an agency environment
* Experience in educational grant writing
* Experience in medical communication, tactical medical education or sales training; proven creativity preferred (e.g., journalism, writing for a lay audience)
* Ability to travel up to 10% of time
* MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro required
* Superior language and communication skills with the ability to translate complex scientific materials into various formats efficiently
* Familiarity with InDesign useful
* Understanding of instructional design and adult learning principles
* Experience in oncology, molecular testing and biomarkers, immunology/infectious diseases or neurology is an advantage
About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. Working at the heart of a changing industry we are always looking for great people who care about delivering quality to our customers and the communities we work alongside.
In return you will find Springer Nature is a great place to learn from some of the best in the business, with a culture that empowers people to find solutions and act on their instincts.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or are an experienced professional, we invite you to find out more about the roles we offer and explore our current vacancies.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Want to learn more about Springer Nature? Visit Springer Nature's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.