Springer Nature, New York, NY
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
This position is currently being offered in New York, NY, Jersey City, NJ, and Philadelphia, PA offices.
* Responsible for developing scientific projects and content as assigned, including writing or editing of pharma training materials, eLearning content, video scripts, magazine articles, and slide presentations across several therapeutic areas
* Work with Client Services team to respond to RFPs or other business development opportunities, including researching therapeutic areas, proposing curricula, and participating in pitches
* Work alongside our Instructional Designer to edit or write scientific copy, as needed, to an appropriate reading and literacy level for a variety of audiences, including medical scientific liaisons, pharmaceutical sales representatives and healthcare professionals
* Resolve content-related queries from the client
* Write clear and succinct needs assessments that provide evidence for identified clinical practice gaps, that follow recognized standards, and are supported by internal and external data
* Write proposals that tell a compelling story on the rationale, instructional intent, and value of the proposed educational solution
* Contribute to revenue targets by ensuring that projects are progressed as soon as possible after confirmation
* Monitor own adherence to budget and utilization rate
* Attend account team meetings (business development, status, copy review or medical/legal/regulatory review, job kickoffs) as well as editing team and department meetings, as available
* Up to 10% travel
* Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Experience, skills, and qualifications:
* Graduate degree (MS or higher) in a scientific discipline (or licensed certification)
* Minimum of 2 years’ writing and editorial experience within an agency environment
* Experience in sales training, medical communication, or tactical medical education required; proven creativity preferred (e.g., journalism, writing for a lay audience)
* MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro proficiency required
* Superior language and communication skills with the ability to translate complex scientific materials into various formats efficiently
* Work to develop/maintain customer focus, teamwork, innovation, communication, and business awareness
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also collaboratively with a team
* Understanding of the healthcare industry
* Familiarity with InDesign useful
* Understanding of instructional design and adult-learning principles
* Experience in oncology, endocrinology/diabetes, neurology, biomarkers, and immunology/infectious diseases is an advantage
About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. Working at the heart of a changing industry we are always looking for great people who care about delivering quality to our customers and the communities we work alongside.
In return you will find Springer Nature is a great place to learn from some of the best in the business, with a culture that empowers people to find solutions and act on their instincts.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or are an experienced professional, we invite you to find out more about the roles we offer and explore our current vacancies.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Want to learn more about Springer Nature? Visit Springer Nature's website.
Create the extraordinary.