Medical Director (Training)
Springer Nature, New York, NY
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
* Work with the other members of the team to drive business to meet/exceed client expectations by providing scientific and editorial leadership in specific therapeutic categories
* Direct, review, refine, and manage delivery of scientific content for a range of training solutions that meet client needs, internal quality standards and timelines
* Act as lead writer (if required) for one or more accounts and be the main point of contact on matters of scientific content for the client and KOLs
* Collaborate with solution development team in areas of expertise
* Participation in business development activities where necessary, including proposal and pitch involvement
* Liaise with senior leadership on writers’ training needs and provide coaching as required
* Apply knowledge of the therapeutic use and strategic marketing of pharmaceuticals to account plans, training solutions, proposals and pitches
* Attend conferences, scientific symposia, and advisory boards
* Any other duties as required by manager
* Travel up to 20% of total work time
Skills, experience, and qualifications
* Life sciences degree
* At least 5 years’ relevant pharmaceutical and clinical experience, and an in-depth understanding of one or more key therapeutic areas
* Experience in an agency environment with a focus on clinical training, medical education and/or publications
* Ability to easily summarize and explain complex medical topics
* Superior medical writing skills required
* Prior experience mentoring staff
* Advanced computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications such as PowerPoint and Word in addition to online medical resource searching (i.e. Ovid, Medline, PubMed, etc.)
* Significant client-facing and presentation experience a must
* Proven ability to successfully drive results through others
* Advanced degree in life sciences, pharmacy or medicine (PhD, PharmD, MD)
About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. Working at the heart of a changing industry we are always looking for great people who care about delivering quality to our customers and the communities we work alongside.
In return you will find Springer Nature is a great place to learn from some of the best in the business, with a culture that empowers people to find solutions and act on their instincts.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or are an experienced professional, we invite you to find out more about the roles we offer and explore our current vacancies.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Want to learn more about Springer Nature? Visit Springer Nature's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands