Associate/Senior Editor, Genome Medicine
Springer Nature, New York, NY
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
The closing date for applications is July 10, 2022
This is a full-time permanent position, located in our New York, London, Shanghai,or Berlin offices
Applicants should send a CV and a brief cover letter explaining their interest in the position
Genome Medicine is a flagship journal of BMC, publishing important advances in the application of genetics, genomics and multi-omics to understand, diagnose and treat disease, bridging the basic science and clinical research communities. The editorial team prides itself on providing an excellent service to authors, reviewers and readers.
We are seeking an Associate or Senior Editor to join the editorial team with a strong background in human genetics/genomics, with a preference for candidates with an interest in immunology. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the editorial mission of Genome Medicine, and to work as part of a dynamic team of editors who handle original research papers, including manuscript selection, commissioning content and travelling internationally to promote the journal.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
* A PhD, MD, or equivalent experience in human genetics/genomics with expertise in immunology or another relevant research area within the scope of the journal.
* Broad scientific interests in areas within and beyond your specialty
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to critically assess manuscripts across a range of topics for novelty, scientific content, and their implications
* Working closely with other editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including identifying peer reviewers and managing the peer review process,
* Attend conferences and carry out institute visits to represent the journal
* Contribute to journal strategy and policies
* Previous editorial experience is required for candidates applying for the Senior position
About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. Working at the heart of a changing industry we are always looking for great people who care about delivering quality to our customers and the communities we work alongside.
In return you will find Springer Nature is a great place to learn from some of the best in the business, with a culture that empowers people to find solutions and act on their instincts.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or are an experienced professional, we invite you to find out more about the roles we offer and explore our current vacancies.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Want to learn more about Springer Nature? Visit Springer Nature's website.
Create the extraordinary.