Associate Publisher/ Publisher (m/f/d), Geoscience
Springer Nature, New York, NY
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
Locations: Heidelberg, Dordrecht, New York
The Springer Nature Journals group aims to support researchers in communicating and advancing discovery for a better world. We do this by providing a trusted environment in which researchers can quickly, easily and transparently share their discoveries, data and research stories.
We are seeking an Associate Publisher/ Publisher (m/f/d) for the management of a portfolio of international journals in the area of geoscience.
Reporting to an Executive Publisher, you will be responsible for the management, strategic development and success of the individual journals, liaising with internal staff, external journal editors, and the scientific community.
• Develop the journal portfolio to deliver a best-in-class author experience
• Resolve pre- and post-publication issues raised by staff, Editorial Board Members (EBMs) and readers (e.g. authorship, scope, ethics and consent, misconduct, policies)
• Establish and maintain relationships with EBMs, including attending in-person or virtual meetings
• Represent the journal at international and national conferences
• Develop and maintain a strong network with relevant communities
• Support social media and marketing activity
• Monitor the market trend
• Identify development opportunities for individual journals, and gaps where there are opportunities for portfolio development
Experience, skills & qualifications:
• Educated to master degree level and ideally holding a PhD in geoscience, geophysics, environmental science, environmental engineering, or related fields.
• Thorough understanding of the academic community and its needs with regards to publishing its research outcome
• Excellent scientific adaptability (able to work with scientists from diverse backgrounds of applied sciences)
• Build and maintain key relationships with external partners
• Highly service-oriented and passionate about publishing servicing with exceptional communication skills
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills (you are able to listen, guide and advise external editors)
• Editorial experience is a plus
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work on your own initiative and independently within a (virtual) team environment
• Active, supportive team player
• Willingness and ability to travel
About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. Working at the heart of a changing industry we are always looking for great people who care about delivering quality to our customers and the communities we work alongside.
In return you will find Springer Nature is a great place to learn from some of the best in the business, with a culture that empowers people to find solutions and act on their instincts.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or are an experienced professional, we invite you to find out more about the roles we offer and explore our current vacancies.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Want to learn more about Springer Nature? Visit Springer Nature's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands