Static Media, Remote, Work from USA
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Static Media is looking for a few enthusiastic, highly detail-oriented freelance script editors to join our team.
Script editing is the process of translating a written article into a video. You’ll be creating a detailed roadmap document of both words and visuals for our video editors to follow, so familiarity with both editing and hunting down clips of TV and movie moments is a must.Topics range from movies and pop culture, to women’s lifestyle, celeb gossip, weird scientific discoveries, and the best hot dogs you can buy. We do a little bit of everything.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Extremely strong attention to detail when it comes to our specific style, content, and copyright guidelines, and a willingness to stay up to date on changing guidelines.
- The ability to edit our published articles from a wide variety of writing styles into a voiceover-friendly format, as well as provide copy adjustments to fit each script’s needs.
- Familiarity with copyright rules as they apply to fair use, as well as YouTube’s specific rules.
- Creativity! And an eye for matching visuals with words, as well as the ability to perform a deep search for visuals that may be difficult to find.
- Good communication and availability
- Time management skills; you can consistently turn around a semi-final script draft within one week or less. If you do not have 8-10 hours per week to take on this position, this may not be a good fit.
- Persistence, and a willingness to learn and adapt.
Script Editor Responsibilities:
- Read select articles thoroughly.
- Edit, revise, and lightly fact-check copy from articles that have been chosen to be turned into scripts.
- Seek out appropriate videos & images to pair with voiceover text in annotated Google docs.
- Closely conform to our style guide and follow editorial guidance on how to handle each script’s unique content and challenges.
- Hit weekly goals and deadlines. Self-directed assignment completion is a necessity. Our goal after initial training is 2+ scripts per week, with the eventual possibility of becoming a salaried, full-time employee as positions open up.
If this interests you, please watch some of our YouTube videos to get an idea of what we do.
Nicki Swift : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1DGpYiEiqBrQtYXFbLhMVQ
Health Digest : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJTNWEdFKBJFBhKSRHHv3Mw
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three examples of recent writing and/or scripts/videos you’ve helped produce.
Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be disqualified.
About Static Media
Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, and chicken sandwiches, the year's best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media's content never stands still. Static Media's portfolio includes six unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.
Want to learn more about Static Media? Visit Static Media's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Jobs You May Like
Looking for content! Music, Film, Art, Culture, Food, History...
TJV News Limited, Remote - anywhere in the world