Women's Lifestyle and Celeb News Writer
The List, Remote, Work from USA
Work at The List
Salary: $20 Per Hour
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Women's lifestyle site The List is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team.
Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on women's lifestyle and celebrity content similar to The List. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter.
About The List
The List is a women’s lifestyle site, with a twist. We pride ourselves on being original, well-researched, and without sugar-coating, but no topic is beneath us. We tackle everything from reality TV (we’re a bit obsessed!), to finding love, to living a healthy and happy life. Every article you read is either a personal experience, advice from an expert, or meticulously sourced, so you know you’re getting info you can trust, from women who get it.
News Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim news and evergreen article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site's areas of coverage
- Research and write 300 to 800 word articles in custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contributing to and following the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: $20 per hour
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants able to work night and weekend news shifts.
Minimum three years editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples (please don't submit a whole portfolio)
Applications without all of these elements will not be considered.
About Static Media
Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, and chicken sandwiches, the year's best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media's content never stands still. Static Media's portfolio includes six unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.
Want to learn more about Static Media? Visit Static Media's website.
Create the extraordinary.