Video Game Feature Writer
Static Media, Remote, Work from USA
Work at Static Media
Salary: Paid per word
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Static Media's video game site SVG is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our feature team covering video games, streaming, esports, and the gaming industry.
Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on video games and gamer culture.
We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. This position is work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter.
Video games are more than just a hobby — they're a way of life. SVG dives into the ever-expanding gaming industry to give you the stories behind your favorite franchises. Can't figure out why we never got that missing sequel? Want to know the best PlayStation 4 games you've never heard of? And what's up with Super Mario's mustache, anyway? SVG has you covered.
Feature Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim feature article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Research, pitch, and write 1800- to 3000-word articles in custom CMS with a one-week to one-day turnaround, depending on the topic and timeliness of the article
- Contributing to and following the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: Paid per word
Minimum three years editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
How to apply
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples (Don't just drop in a link to your whole portfolio).
Applications without all of these elements will not be considered.
About Static Media
Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, and chicken sandwiches, the year's best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media's content never stands still. Static Media's portfolio includes six unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.
Want to learn more about Static Media? Visit Static Media's website.
Create the extraordinary.