Movie and TV News writer
Looper, Remote, Work from USA
Work at Looper
Salary: $20 per hour
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Looper is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our news team.
Ideal candidates have at least 1 year of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on movie, television, and comic book content similar to Looper. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter.
Looper is the go-to source for the movies, TV shows and video games we all love. We're addicted to all things superhero and Star Wars, but we're not afraid to binge watch some reality TV when the mood strikes. Whether it's revealing Easter eggs and secrets hidden in your favorite films, exposing movie mistakes, highlighting the best deleted scenes, or uncovering the truth about reality TV's strangest stars, Looper has endless entertainment.
News Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim news article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site's areas of coverage
- Research and write 300 to 800 word articles in custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contributing to and following the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: $20 per hour
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants able to work night and weekend news shifts.
Minimum one year of editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
How to apply
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples similar to the content shared on Looper
Applications without all of these elements will not be considered.
About Static Media
Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, and chicken sandwiches, the year's best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media's content never stands still. Static Media's portfolio includes 10 unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.
Want to learn more about Static Media? Visit Static Media's website.
Create the extraordinary.