Entertainment, Science, and History Writer
Grunge, Remote, Work from USA
Work at Grunge
Salary: Competitive rates with flexible hours
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Grunge is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team.
Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on movies/TV, science, history, and general weird stuff -- in short, content similar to what's published on Grunge. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. This position is work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter.
The world is pretty weird...in fact, it's a whole lot weirder than you think. If you haven't learned something new today, you're missing out. Grunge is the place to immerse yourself in fun facts and cool tidbits on history, entertainment, science, and plenty more. It's just like reading books...but exciting!
Feature Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Research, pitch, and write 400- to 3000-word articles in custom CMS with a two-hour to one-week turnaround, depending on the topic, length and timeliness of the article
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: paid per-word or $20/hour
Minimum three years editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
How to apply
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples similar to the content shared on Grunge
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
About Static Media
Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, and chicken sandwiches, the year's best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media's content never stands still. Static Media's portfolio includes 10 unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.
Want to learn more about Static Media? Visit Static Media's website.
Create the extraordinary.