Movie, TV and Pop Culture Writer
Static Media, Remote, Work from USA
Work at Static Media
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
/Film is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team.
Ideal candidates have at least 1 year of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on movie, television, and entertainment industry content similar to /Film. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient, versatile, well-versed in both contemporary pop culture and film and TV history, and who have a strong critical perspective and unique voice. We don't just want writers; we want writers with something to say. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter.
/Film is the go-to source for information on the latest superhero blockbusters, low-budget horror flicks, the latest indie darlings, your new favorite streaming series, beloved Hollywood classics, and everything in between. For the past 16 years, /Film has been one of the internet's leading pop culture authorities, and is the place to find news, reviews, critical deep dives, and more about everything you love to watch.
- Claim article topics from a large selection of assignments, including titles like the following:
- Lost Ending Explained: No, They Weren't Dead The Whole Time ... But They Weren't Really Living, Either
- Everything We Know About The Nevers Season 2 (AKA Part 2 Of Season 1)
- The Extreme Lengths Brad Pitt Went To For His Fight Club Role
- The Famous Ghostbusters Moment That Was Not In The Original Script
- Research, pitch, and write articles in a custom CMS
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: Hourly
Minimum one year of editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
How to apply
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content shared on /Film
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
About Static Media
Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, and chicken sandwiches, the year's best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media's content never stands still. Static Media's portfolio includes 10 unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.
Want to learn more about Static Media? Visit Static Media's website.
Create the extraordinary.