One Chicago Franchise TV Writer
Looper, Remote, Work from USA
Work at Looper
Salary: $20 per hour
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Calling all One Chicago franchise superfans! Looper is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to help us write One Chicago franchise related content. Ideal candidates have at least 1 year of experience writing content for print or the web and be an expert on the One Chicago franchise (Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D., Chicago Med, and Chicago Justice), as well as other content similar to Looper. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter.
Looper is the go-to source for the movies, TV shows and video games we all love. We're addicted to all things superhero and Star Wars, but we're not afraid to binge watch some reality TV when the mood strikes. Whether it's revealing Easter eggs and secrets hidden in your favorite films, exposing movie mistakes, highlighting the best deleted scenes, or uncovering the truth about reality TV's strangest stars, Looper has endless entertainment.
News Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim news article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site's areas of coverage
- Research and write 300 to 800 word articles in custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contributing to and following the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: $20 per hour
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants able to work night and weekend news shifts.
Minimum one year of editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
How to apply
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- Three sentences explaining what makes you a One Chicago superfan
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content shared on Looper
Applications without all of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
About Static Media
Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, and chicken sandwiches, the year's best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media's content never stands still. Static Media's portfolio includes 10 unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.
Want to learn more about Static Media? Visit Static Media's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands