Gadgets, Tech, and Consumer Product Reviews Writer
Static Media, Remote, Work from USA
Work at Static Media
Salary: 10 cents per word
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
SlashGear is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance product review writers to join our team.
Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on consumer tech and gadgets, reviews, and feature content similar to SlashGear. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter, but extra consideration will be given to writers living and working in the United States, Japan, and United Kingdom.
Dedicated to highlighting the latest and greatest in personal technology since 2005, SlashGear covers everything from cutting-edge tech gear to the latest digital lifestyle trends. Distinctive, informative, and fresh, we’ll keep bringing you device information and reviews you can trust as well as thought-provoking commentary.
Review Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim review assignments from a large selection
- Write 1800 to 3000-word reviews in custom CMS, submitted in time for scheduled embargos
- Shoot and submit excellent original photos of products to accompany reviews
- When not reviewing, claim feature article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Research, pitch, and write 1800 to 3000-word articles in custom CMS with a one-week to one-day turnaround, depending on the topic and timeliness of the article
- Follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: 10 cents per word
Minimum three years of editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A brief letter of intent
- Three professional product review samples, including photos taken by you, relevant to the content we share on SlashGear
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
About Static Media
Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, and chicken sandwiches, the year's best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media's content never stands still. Static Media's portfolio includes fourteen unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.
Want to learn more about Static Media? Visit Static Media's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands