Static Media, Remote
Salary: $23 per hour
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Static Media is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance editors to join our team. Ideal candidates have at least three years of experience editing and writing content for print or the web. Static's portfolio includes 14 brands: Looper, Nicki Swift, /Film, Grunge, Mashed, The List, SVG, SlashGear, Health Digest, House Digest, Tasting Table, Wrestling Inc., Glam, and The Daily Meal, and we are hiring editors for most of them. Please let us know in your cover letter which brand(s) you feel you would be a good fit for. The ideal candidate will also have team management experience and demonstrated leadership skills. We are looking for creative, self-sufficient individuals who can continue growing our brands. This position is work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Edit and publish articles, focusing on accuracy, clarity, and SEO
- Send feedback to writers as needed
- Coordinate content and coverage with content strategy team
- Follow our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: $23 per hour
Minimum three years of experience editing and writing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
How to apply:
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Three samples of work you've edited professionally (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
- Three published writing samples (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
- Please specify which brand(s) you wish to apply for
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
About Static Media
Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, and chicken sandwiches, the year's best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media's content never stands still. Static Media's portfolio includes fourteen unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.
Want to learn more about Static Media? Visit Static Media's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands