Freelance Editorial Development Manager
Static Media, Remote
Work at Static Media
Salary: $23 per hour
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Static Media is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals to join our hiring and training team as a Freelance Editorial Development Manager. Ideal candidates have at least three years of experience editing or hiring for print or the web. Static's portfolio includes: Looper, Nicki Swift, /Film, Glam, Grunge, Mashed, The List, SVG, SlashGear, Health Digest, House Digest, Tasting Table, Wrestling Inc., and The Daily Meal.
The ideal candidate will also have team management experience and demonstrated mentorship skills. We are looking for communicative, self-sufficient individuals who can continue growing our brands. This position is work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter, U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
Editorial Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Train new editor hires across Static brands
- Provide hires with the knowledge and resources to succeed in their role
- Oversee and review editor output, focusing on accuracy, clarity, and SEO
- Deliver feedback to hires as needed
- Coordinate with content strategy team to identify brand needs
- Develop a complete understanding of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: $23 per hour
- Minimum commitment: 20 hours per week
Minimum three years of experience editing. Proficiency in building content in a CMS. Training experience preferred.
How to apply:
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Three samples of work you've edited professionally (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
About Static Media
Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, and chicken sandwiches, the year's best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media's content never stands still. Static Media's portfolio includes fourteen unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.
Want to learn more about Static Media? Visit Static Media's website.
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.