Food and Grocery News Writer - Mashed.com
Static Media, Remote
Work at Static Media
Salary: $21 Per Hour
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Food and grocery site Mashed is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team. Ideal candidates have at least one year of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on food, cooking, and grocery shopping content similar to Mashed. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
Mashed is the ultimate destination for food lovers. Whether you're just learning how to cook or ready to take your kitchen skills to the next level, Mashed has all the tips and tricks you'll ever need to be a chef… Or at least enough hacks to help you fake it til you make it. We’ve got your back at every step, from grocery shopping smarts to serving a perfectly prepared dish. Would you rather eat out than whip it up yourself? Mashed has all the info you’ll need for that, too — from the best and worst foods to order at your favorite restaurants, to what today’s most popular chefs really have up their sleeves. No matter what kind of foodie you are, Mashed has your recipe for success.
News Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim news and evergreen article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site's areas of coverage
- Research and write 300- to 900-word articles in a custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants able to work night and weekend news shifts.
- Compensation: $21 per hour
Minimum one year editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content shared on Mashed (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications without all of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
About Static Media
Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, chicken sandwiches, the year's best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media's content never stands still. Static Media's portfolio includes fifteen unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.