Women's Lifestyle Feature Writer - TheList.com
Static Media, Remote
Work at Static Media
Salary: 8 cents per word
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Women's lifestyle site The List is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team. Ideal candidates have at least three years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on celebs, royals, and women's lifestyle content similar to The List. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates and encouraged to apply.
About The List
The List is a women’s lifestyle site, with a twist. We pride ourselves on being original, well-researched, and without sugar-coating, but no topic is beneath us. We tackle everything from reality TV (we’re a bit obsessed!), to finding love, to living a healthy and happy life. Every article you read is either a personal experience, advice from an expert, or meticulously sourced, so you know you’re getting info you can trust, from women who get it.
Feature Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim feature article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Research, pitch, and write 2600- to 3000-word articles in a custom CMS with a one-week to one-day turnaround, depending on the topic and timeliness of the article
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: 8 cents per word
Minimum three years editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content shared on The List (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications without all of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
About Static Media
With up-to-the minute news, original insights, exclusive interviews, and expert advice to make every day better, Static Media's ever-growing family of websites gives readers the great content they crave. From original recipes to movie reviews to travel guides, Static Media has you covered.