Freelance Original Recipe Developers - FoodRepublic.com
Static Media, Remote
Work at Static Media
Salary: $175-$300 per recipe, depending on complexity
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Static Media has recently acquired Food Republic and the site is undergoing an exciting redesign. We’re building a large team to contribute to the soon-to-be relaunched site and are seeking enthusiastic, hard-working freelance original recipe developers to join our team. Ideal candidates have at least three years of experience creating original recipes for the web, including step-by-step instructions and original photos. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
About Food Republic
Food Republic is the ultimate destination for anyone who loves food and drinks. We’re your number one source for recipes, cooking tips, dining advice, drink recommendations, and the latest news from the food industry. Whether you’re looking for mind-blowing facts about the food you love, new ways to cook your favorite dishes, or the biggest scoops on the restaurant scene, Food Republic has what you need.
Original Recipe Developer responsibilities:
- Create one original recipe per week, including ingredient lists, step-by-step instructions, prep time, and cook time. Recipe Developers will be provided with a wide variety of recipe topics to choose from. Recipe Developers may be given the option to create more than one recipe per week in the future, depending on Static Media needs.
- Purchase all needed ingredients (these items are not reimbursed)
- Provide studio-quality, step-by-step images, finished product images, and videos demonstrating the step-by-step process
- A Static Media ghostwriter will create article copy to accompany your recipe and images, meaning you will still get the byline for the article. This copy may include (but is not limited to) information about the recipe or ingredients, reasons for choosing particular ingredients, alternate cooking methods, or suggested ingredient swaps to fit certain dietary restrictions. Ghostwriters will reach out to recipe developers with questions before starting the writing process.
What we offer our recipe developers:
- Compensation: $175-$300 depending on the complexity of the recipe. Submissions must meet our requirements and be accepted in order to receive payment.
- Your byline on each recipe, linking to an author bio where you may include up to two linkouts (website and social media)
- Every article that contains your original recipe will also include one linkout of your choosing in the introduction. This linkout may be a link to the homepage of your website or one of your social channels.
- Recipes may be shared on our Instagram with your tag. We may promote your articles on our other social media platforms as well, which may include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flipboard.
Photo and video requirements:
Static Media recipe developers are required to provide a few different types of images:
Images within the article:
- How many: Most recipe articles contain 6-15 images
- Orientation: Horizontal
- Image size: Images should be no smaller than 1600px by 898px.
- What to photograph: Images of all ingredients (together), step-by-step images, several shots of the finished product, and single serving images.
Social media images:
- How many: 5-10 images
- Orientation: Vertical
- Image size: Images should be no smaller than 1500px by 2250px.
- What to photograph: These will all be shots of the final product. Each one should be different (for example: different angles and arrangements, one of the entire dish vs one of a single serving, etc.)
- How many: 5
- Orientation: Horizontal
- What to video: Very simple horizontal videos that you can even take with your phone. Short clips between 15 and 30 seconds long, only of food (no audio, voices, or people necessary), including finished food (this one’s a must), food during cooking, stirring, plating, adding ingredients, etc. All major steps in the recipe should be included.
Minimum three years of experience creating original recipes for the web, including step-by-step instructions and photos.
How to apply:
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Links to three original recipes you’ve written, including original photos you took (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
About Static Media
With up-to-the minute news, original insights, exclusive interviews, and expert advice to make every day better, Static Media's ever-growing family of websites gives readers the great content they crave. From original recipes to movie reviews to travel guides, Static Media has you covered.
Want to learn more about Static Media? Visit Static Media's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands