Sterling Publishing, New Jersey or New York (Manhattan - Union Sq)
Work at Sterling Publishing
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
• Records, classifies and summarizes financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Reviews and approves journal entries prepared by staff.
• Reviews and analyzes operating expenses for all Sterling departments, investigates variances and reports to senior management on findings.
• Works with Director of Accounting to determine current month accrual requirements.
• Prepares and analyzes monthly financial statements reporting requirements for internal management and corporate reporting needs.
• Works closely with staff accountants to ensure their work is accurate and timely.
• Assists in budget/forecast process by preparing budgets and forecast for various departmental operating expenses
• Reviews and approves monthly Balance Sheet account analyses.
• Reviews and approves monthly bank reconciliations.
• Manages and reviews audit requirement workpapers to insure timely and accurate submissions.
• Directs internal audits that involve reviews of accounting records to ensure internal controls are functioning properly and that process narratives are accurate and complete.
• Participates in actively improving processes employed in accounting and financial reporting.
• Develops methods of enhancing data integrity and improving data controls by assessing processes and making process improvements where necessary
• Review Fixed Asset Capital Expenditure Reporting
• Reviews and approves quarterly and annual census data for government filings
• Assists with other assignments as needed Qualifications : • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA or MBA a plus
• Five to 10 years’ experience with prior work in publishing industry preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office with excellent/advanced skills in Excel including pivot tables, vlookups and queries
• Ability to work with and analyze large amounts of data
• Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively
• Strong time management skills and ability to adapt to changing needs
• Ability to work extended hours as needed
• Proven ability to work quickly in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate to all levels of the organization
• Experience with various accounting ERP systems
About Sterling Publishing
Sterling Publishing is an innovative and forward-thinking publishing company committed to creating books that educate, inspire, and entertain.
Create the extraordinary.