Lifestyle Writer, Trending News, SI Swimsuit
The Arena Group, Remote, Work from USA
Work at The Arena Group
Level: Entry Level
Title: Lifestyle Writer, Trending News, SI Swimsuit (Contract)
Employment Type: Contract - Full-Time
Location: Remote USA
The Arena Group is looking for a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit writer who can help the publication build out its breaking/trending lifestyle news vertical. The ideal candidate will have editorial experience and have a passion for creating riveting fashion, celebrity, beauty, health & wellness content. This candidate will also support in digital content writing for the annual SI Swimsuit issue release. If hired, you would be responsible for writing stories in a creative, buzzing, and deadline-driven (virtual/remote) newsroom. This role offers an opportunity to help launch Swim’s editorial coverage to new heights while writing about the things you love.
About The Brand
We’ve been laying the groundwork for years here at SI Swimsuit, and we will continue to set the cultural tone, evoke important discussions and provide a platform for women to be seen and heard. We strive to make the world more equitable for women everywhere. #PayWithChange
- This is a contract position (30+ hours per week)
- Starting at $25 per hour
- Opportunities for growth
- Identify and produce breaking and trending news content that consumers will find interesting
- Provide context for readers regarding why that content is important or impactful
- Use social media, SEO websites and analytics tools to understand what content is resonating with readers
- Stay on top of all-things lifestyle so copy can be produced quickly and accurately
- Maintain a constantly evolving ‘story sense’ to produce newsworthy content
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in journalism, communications, or English
- 1 to 2 years of experience with social media strategy, content marketing, content distribution/syndication, and community outreach, or an equivalent passion for all things entertainment on Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand trending events
- Strong news judgment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Autonomous time-management skills and prioritization Experience with both social and website analytics (using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush)
We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single qualification above!
The Arena Group creates dynamic, digital destinations that delight consumers with stories and news about the things they love – their favorite sports teams, the inside scoop on personal finance, and the latest on lifestyle essentials. We are building out a robust media ecosystem that brings together consumers, publishers and advertisers with a proven strategy that brings sustainable performance growth in audience, engagement and monetization. We harness the authority of trusted brands and the editorial prowess of our leading writers and editors. Our destinations live on a robust technology platform that helps deliver best in class capabilities in direct sales and programmatic advertising, data, SEO, social, and operations.
The Arena Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About The Arena Group
Want to learn more about The Arena Group? Visit The Arena Group's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands