The Brand Guild, Washington, DC USA
Work at The Brand Guild
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Brand Guild is an integrated agency that builds strategies, creates experiences and influences audiences for some of the nation’s top purpose-driven brands. We pride ourselves on conceiving and flawlessly executing the most innovative events for a roster of high-profile clients across many industries. We are looking for an experienced Events Director who thrives in the face of creative challenges and turns them into memorable, one-of-a-kind experiences. This person will supervise and coordinate all aspects of our event planning process, from ideation to execution, and will report to the Executive VP of Events.
Note: This position is hybrid and will be based in our DC office.
- An events professional with a minimum of 6 years of experience planning and executing experiential events, including: ideating innovative concepts, creating and executing event plans, managing and tracking budgets, maintaining excellent client relationships, managing vendors, and overseeing on-site execution
- An experienced leader, who is willing to dive into any situation with a “can do” attitude
- A team player who possesses the ability to work cross functionally with vendors, staff, and clients to produce the best results
- A solutions-oriented person who has the ability to juggle multiple tasks and duties simultaneously, and thrives in a fast paced agency environment
- An out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for & understanding of experiential events and event marketing, who is experienced in creative and technical thinking and design
- On top of the latest & greatest innovations in the events industry - turning that knowledge into concepts that drive action for our clients
- A fiscally responsible person with strong budgeting, labor, and contract negotiation skills
- Experienced in the DC events landscape (permits, venues, and regulations)
- Collaborate with the account team to ideate and generate one-of-a-kind event concepts
- Develop, lead, and execute experiential events & marketing programs for our clients
- Collaborate and communicate with strategy and technical teams, and provide direction to project staff
- Create unique events while prioritizing marketing strategies and tactics
- Create project plans, production schedules, and budgets that meet client requirements
- Create production timelines and ensure teams are keeping on schedule
- Conduct initial site inspections and walkthroughs
- Serve as a manager and mentor to a team of direct-reports
- 8+ years of proven experience developing event and experiential marketing projects, from concept to execution
- Strong project and client management skills, with proven ability to lead teams
- Experience managing a team of direct-reports
- Experience managing large installation budgets
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, learn quickly, and deliver on tight deadlines
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and accountability for results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extraordinary organizational skills, self-motivation, and intuition
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agency environment
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays for onsite events as needed
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Our employee-centric company culture. We’re a passionate, hardworking, supportive, and empathetic team who takes every opportunity we can to recognize and reward great work. Our commitment to our employees is reflected in everything we do - from our interest-based #slack channels and team engagement events to our focus on work/life boundaries and creating an inclusive work environment.
- Our focus on employee-growth. At The Brand Guild, we believe every member of our team deserves a clear path to growth. That’s why we offer an annual professional development stipend, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and internal training via our TBG U programs among other professional development opportunities.
- Our benefits. We offer fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSA), disability insurance, lIfe insurance, commuter benefits, and a 401(k) with company match.
- Our focus on rest & renewal. We offer a comprehensive PTO package (including days for vacation, sick leave, mental health, religious observance, bereavement, miscarriage, jury duty, and election-related volunteering) as well as generous paid family leave.
- Our flexible work model. We have returned to our offices in a hybrid model, giving our teams the flexibility they need to work most efficiently.
- Our amazing roster of clients. We partner with purpose-driven clients who have a clear mission, and we share their passion for their brands.
The Brand Guild is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, veteran status, religion, or any other characteristic protected by laws or regulations. Should you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability during the hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the word out!Get a trackable link to share anywhere.
About The Brand Guild
The Brand Guild is an integrated communications agency that works with purpose-driven brands, both regionally and nationally. We execute strategies across PR, Marketing, Events and Creative to tell the amazing stories of our diverse portfolio of clients.