Persuasion Research & Campaigns Manager
The Environmental Defense Fund, This position can be based remotely within the contiguous United States.
Work at The Environmental Defense Fund
Salary: The pay range for this role is 68,000 - 76,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
This position can be based remotely within the contiguous United States.
EDF is excited to expand our Audience Insights team. The Persuasion Research & Campaigns Project Manager will help build and lead a new capability to monitor relevant false narratives and create and implement debunking and inoculation campaigns into our digital marketing and media relations. You will work with various data sources and the global coalition, Climate Action Against Disinformation (CAAD), to help the team understand the digital conversations, specifically the false narratives, that affect our brand, our mission areas, and our key target audiences.
This newly created position will report to the Manager, Audience Insights and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders including close coordination with our Marketing and Communications Teams and CAAD members, to build a program that combats the most harmful mis/disinformation.
- Use cutting-edge software to manage the day-to-day monitoring, understanding and communication of the mis/disinformation narratives that negatively impact EDF’s ability to achieve progress.
- Develop strategies to leverage digital tactics to combat mis/disinformation including debunking and inoculation.
- Work with internal stakeholders and external partners to create, implement and monitor influence and message campaigns that combat mis/disinformation.
- Establish data-driven mechanisms to determine the efficacy of our persuasion campaigns.
- Prepare regular progress and performance reports and timely updates on data collected.
- Socialize learnings internally and with key external partners to increase our ability, and that of the broader environmental sector, to effectively combat mis/disinformation.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience creating and driving compelling online content
- Experience with behavioral psychology and persuasion messaging techniques
- Experience with digital listening tools such as Meltwater, Buzzsumo, or Crowdtangle is a plus
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, sudden deadlines, and curveballs
- Strong analytical ability and experience with digital marketing testing methodologies
- Some experience monitoring online activity preferred
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 68,000 - 76,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
About The Environmental Defense Fund
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across five programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Want to learn more about The Environmental Defense Fund? Visit The Environmental Defense Fund's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.