Senior Manager, Marketing Data and Insights
The New School, New York, NY USA
Work at The New School
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Marketing data and audience insights are central to the integrated and multichannel marketing plan led by The New School’s Marketing and Communications department (“M&C”). Reporting to the Vice President for University Marketing (“VP”), the Senior Manager, Marketing Data and Insights (“Senior Manager”) leads data analysis and reporting that contributes to the marketing of the university brand and array of academic offerings. They work in close partnership with peers in M&C throughout the marketing process, from development of creative briefs to the measurement and optimization of marketing platforms and tactics. Priorities for the Senior Manager include website and audience insights for college and enrollment marketing, Continuing and Professional Education (“CPE”), the university’s public programs, research elevation, and other university initiatives.
At the direction of the VP and the Senior Vice President Marketing and New Business Development Officer (“SVP”), the Senior Manager will conduct research projects to support the planning and implementation of marketing strategy. Scope may include industry, competitor, and audience conditions and trends, and the effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics. The Senior Manager will also collaborate with M&C leadership in the development of a business case and multi-year roadmap to evolve the department’s data and analysis capabilities, including new or enhanced systems, tools, and teams to support our growing needs, vision and expanding businesses.
- Website Analytics
- Leverage insights from The New School’s marketing platforms (e.g., newschool.edu, YouTube) user behavior to better understand prospective student informational needs and perceptions of the university. Make data-driven recommendations for content development and improvements to user paths and navigation
- Direct agency developing recommendations for search engine optimization. Work with Online Strategies to implement technical optimizations.
- Coordinate with media agencies to align KPIs and assess campaign performance
- Collaborate with SEM and key M&C participants to ensure smooth integration of M&C systems and Slate (SEM’s CRM tool) and build understanding of the relationship between prospects’ web browsing and interest in various programs and moving them through the funnel.
- Collaborate with the Director, Online Marketing Platforms to develop and implement website feedback survey tools. Develop protocol to report feedback to the appropriate university offices
- Supervise student analysts in maintenance of web analytics dashboards, Google Tag Manager, and ad hoc data analysis.
- Market Intelligence and Audience Insights
- Collect marketplace and audience data and trends. Develop insights and recommendations that impact the university’s business goals and priorities.
- Prepare and present reports to M&C and university leadership at regular intervals
- Support VP, Senior Director College and Enrollment Marketing, and SEM in the implementation of research studies to inform development of recruitment materials and communications
- Implementation of personality-based segmentation: Collaborate with SEM and Senior Manager of College and Enrollment Marketing to consistently “type” prospective students and web visitors throughout the admission journey
- Strategic Counsel and Reporting
- Collaborate with Strategic Marketing Senior Directors to develop, analyze, and report on KPI’s and activity metrics across all marketing channels and tactics, including appropriate recommendations
- Meet regularly with university partners to understand their goals and consult on the appropriate data needs. Lead analytics training sessions for university partners.
- Support SVP and VP in maintenance and analysis of annual brand tracking study
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related discipline required.3 – 5 years’ experience as a marketing/business analyst including planning and implementing research projects, developing data-driven insights and conclusions, and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Use qualitative, quantitative, social listening and other methodologies to uncover attitudes and behavioral consumer insights that help to propel brand growth
- Strategic thinker with an understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Excellent analytical skills. Proven ability to analyze and interpret large amounts of data
- Clear, concise, and articulate written and verbal communications, including excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency in Google, Microsoft Office suites, and marketing analytics platforms including Google Analytics/Data Studio and Tableau
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to University COVID-19 Policy
- Working knowledge of Slate
- Experience in nonprofit, communications, marketing, or higher education
About The New School
The New School
Home of the world’s best books.