The Oxford Club, Baltimore, MD USA- in office
Work at The Oxford Club
Level: Entry Level
The Oxford Club, a leading independent financial publisher and one of The Baltimore Sun’s “Top Workplaces,” is searching for the perfect candidate to fill an Assistant Editor position.
We’re seeking a talented editor and writer who’s excited to jump headfirst into the publishing business and work on The Oxford Club’s flagship franchise. As an Assistant Editor, you’ll work directly with the Senior Managing Editor, Chief Investment Strategist and Quantitative Strategist to plan, curate and edit free e-letter and print newsletter content. You will also assist with web and social media content as well as weekly video segments. You’ll work closely with our editorial, email broadcast, creative and marketing teams, so you must be a team player!
This is the perfect job for a highly motivated, organized and creative person looking to get started with a fast-growing company.
- Work closely with the Senior Managing Editor to achieve franchise goals
- Assist with day-to-day publishing operations, ensuring accuracy and on-time fulfillment
- Polish content until it shines; focus on highlighting core ideas and products
- Work closely with the editorial and marketing departments to generate advertorial campaigns
- Update reports, welcome materials, bios, background copy, websites, etc.
- Plan and execute weekly video segments
- Manage, edit and produce top-notch editorial content for web and print
- Track and analyze key performance indicators
For this position, you need…
- Excellent writing, research and editing skills
- A strong sense of curiosity
- The ability to work well with colleagues and other departments
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
The ideal candidate will have…
- Prior experience in the publishing industry
- A solid portfolio of writing samples
- A strong interest in finance
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office applications and web content management
- An understanding of author-editor relationships and the importance of tone
We offer high compensation, great benefits, and the opportunity to work in a respected, supportive, ambitious corporate culture with tremendous growth opportunities even at the senior level.
About The Oxford Club
We are a publisher of financial and lifestyle strategies and recommendations. We help our hundreds of thousands of reader’s lead richer lives.
We define “wealth” as not only having financial capital, but also social and intellectual capital. Our flagship franchise, The Oxford Club, has been successful for over 30 years in helping enrich its members’ lives through its award-winning portfolio recommendations, a proprietary investment system, educational webinars, subscription letters and research, and seminars.
The Oxford Club also continually develops new franchises and services around exciting new ideas and fresh market approaches and talent. Many of the today’s leading investment publishers were born out of our group. Opportunities abound at our company for leaders who are entrepreneurial, want to grow their teams, and become Publishers or Specialists.
Our financial experts have managed multi-million dollar portfolios, authored best-selling books, have hundreds of thousands of followers of their writings, traveled the world, and counseled leading CEOs and world leaders. Moreover, helped millions take control of their financial destiny. Every month we hear from our members how we have changed their lives for the better.
At the Oxford Club, we don’t reserve all the benefits of our investment and business knowledge and experience for our subscribers. We work hard to enrich the lives of our employees too, with financial education, multiple opportunities for further training, travel, life and career coaching, networking, team building activities in beautiful surroundings, and enjoyable celebration when we hit our goals.
About The Oxford Club
Want to learn more about The Oxford Club? Visit The Oxford Club's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Jobs You May Like
Contract Resume Editor/Writers—will train great editors
YES Career Coaching & Resume Writing Services, Working from home