Digital Content Manager
The Spence School, New York City, NY USA
Come join us!
Salary: $75,000.00 - $82,000.00 Salary/year and comprehensive benefits
Salary min: $70,000
Salary max: $80,000
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Spence School seeks an experienced Digital Content Manager to join our highly collaborative four-member communications team beginning July 2023. This in-person position offers a wide variety of responsibilities in a busy and collegial environment. The Digital Content Manager supports the Communications team in fulfilling its mission to provide high-quality visual and narrative content, compelling storytelling, and clear and consistent information for both internal and external school communications. Combining digital savvy with versatile creative and communications skills, this position leads the development of content for all social media channels, the School’s electronic communications as well as website updates. The position reports to the Director of Communications and Public Relations.
- Create the weekly e-newsletter, SpenceNews, as well as other school communications, and lead news and content development for all communications for one academic division
- Oversee the implementation of the School’s social media strategy. Beyond story development, responsibilities include maintaining the editorial calendar, scheduling content and monitoring social channels.
- Immerse in School programs and activities to capture day-to-day school life; serve as chief photographer; manage digital assets of the School and manage scheduling school/event photography and seasonal athletic photography for outside photographers. Create photo galleries, visual stories and videos highlighting academic and student life.
- Assist with updating the internal website–for parents, students, employees, alumnae–that include comprehensive school information, calendar, directory and other resources. Assist with the management of the external School website—create new pages, refresh content, photos, videos—as well as manage SEO Optimization and maintain site analytics
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of related communications experience
- A passionate professional with an exceptional understanding of the digital landscape: familiarity with content management systems and mastery of social media principles, best practices, and tools
- A visual storyteller who is proficient in photography, photo editing, videography, and video editing, and adept in identifying opportunities to immerse in the daily life of the School.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with demonstrated experience in developing online content
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Apps (G Suite) and content management systems
- Knowledge and experience with SEO/SEM and tracking metrics/data to provide critical insight
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to details
- Ability to process, organize and share a large volume of information, ensuring that school communications are proactive, timely and accurate
- Proven experience in managing complex projects, juggling multiple priorities, and adhering to deadlines
- Ability to work with a variety of constituents and to lead projects with tact and professionalism
- A collaborative spirit and strong team ethic
- Ability to approach tasks with creativity, imagination and curiosity and each day with enthusiasm, patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and work samples by May 15
About The Spence School
The Spence School, founded in 1892, is an independent school for girls and young women with an enrollment of 775 students in Grades K–12.
Want to learn more about The Spence School? Visit The Spence School's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands