Public Relations Account Coordinator
Thunder11, Remote with occasional meetings in New York City
Work at Thunder11
Salary: Commensurate based upon experience. Competitive, NYC-based wages, plus fully covered healthcare, dental, vision and 401K matching.
Thunder11, a strategic communications firm based in New York City and PRNews Boutique Agency of the Year, is seeking an energetic and hard-working Account Coordinator to help tell our client’s stories. This role will function in coordination with Thunder11 team members in New York and around the world. The position will involve working with clients around the country in the healthcare, tech and public affairs sectors.
The Public Relations Account Coordinator will support our team to establish and build brands and national name recognition, secure press coverage, plan media tours, and staff clients during media interviews, among other tasks.
This position is ideal for an individual looking to take part in an exciting, intellectually stimulating environment, and to acquire the skills necessary to become a successful communications professional and advisor to leading organizations across the tech, health care, and public affairs spaces. The ideal candidate has agency or in-house PR or marketing experience, or is a recent college graduate who has completed relevant internships. This candidate should be personable and proactive, ready to take on responsibility and provide results.
- Supporting the Thunder11 executive team in its work with several accounts
- Developing pitches and media lists. Conducting media outreach to local, national, and trade media.
- Conducting research on competitors and similar-sized markets to develop new story angles.
- Preparing client status and activity reports, attending and leading meetings and conference calls, compiling media coverage reports.
- Executing scheduling and logistics for media tours.
- Outlining, preparing, writing, editing, and proofreading materials to ensure quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles.
- 1-3 agency or in-house and/or relevant internship experience.
- Relevant journalism or digital/ad agency experience also considered
- A student of the media who reads the news across traditional and digital platforms
- Strong verbal communication and writing abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines
- Strong work ethic and a mindset for client relations and professional service
- Proactive team player, generating and executing new ideas
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume.
Thunder11 is a boutique communications firm focusing on big ideas and relentless execution. We specialize in healthcare, technology, and public affairs, and pride ourselves on being creative, committed, and connected.
Our current and past clients include Fortune500 companies, start-up unicorns, leading health care systems, and research universities. We have four core strengths: Media relations, including landing one of our clients on the front page of The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal on the same day; content creation, including producing narrative podcasts for clients, and developing and placing op-eds in leading publications; thought leadership, including curating panels at SXSW, TedMed, and the Aspen Ideas Festival; and crisis communications, including executing media relations strategies to mitigate crisis from hospital shutdowns to federal lawsuits to major M&As.
Want to learn more about Thunder11? Visit Thunder11's website.
Create the extraordinary.