Lead, Marketing & Communications
United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey, Philadelphia, PA
Work at United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey
Salary: Competitive with Benefits
The Philadelphia Poverty Action Fund is a public-private partnership of United Way, private philanthropy, the City of Philadelphia, and high performing community organizations to reduce Philadelphia’s poverty rate and support an equitable economic recovery from the pandemic. This newly launched initiative will create economic mobility in Philadelphia and lift 100,000 people above the poverty line in five years.
Reports to: Chief Marketing & Communications Officer at United Way; Collaborates closely with the Executive Director and Fundraising Lead of The Promise.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include:
Oversee and implement all aspects of the marketing and communications strategy including brand identity, email communications, website, social media, public relations, paid media buy and communications strategy.
Leads and support brand strategies for donor cultivation and growth by executing marketing campaigns and communications initiatives throughout the year.
Brand Identity: (50%)
Work across different mediums to ensure clear, consistent and compelling content and assets.
Grow and maintain brand reputation and brand consistency across all channels (web, digital, social, print) while adhering to core messaging, brand voice, style, etc.
Email Communications: (10%)
Execute email marketing strategy and communications to grow database, awareness and fundraising efforts.
Duties include creating and executing email marketing campaigns; ensuring design and layouts are user, mobile-friendly and optimized, creating written content, compiling email lists, tracking and analyzing campaign results and staying abreast of email marketing best practices.
Manage brand website as needed for consistency, accuracy and engagement including copywriting, maintenance, visuals and SEO.
Social Media: (10%)
Duties include creating and administering content on all social media platforms; building an audience for customer engagement; developing a monthly social media content calendar, ensuring all visuals and video meet brand aesthetics and organically grow each platform with clear KPIs
Public Relations/Media: (10%)
Closely collaborate with external public relations or media buying agencies to craft press releases, pitches, media outreach, PR stunts, events, paid media buy etc.
Develop compelling content and communication assets for use by leadership and internal teams to support revenue goals
Promote the brand through various written communication channels (blogging, video scripting, storytelling, testimonials) to ensure brand voice and key messaging come to life
Develops content strategy for coordinated message execution across multiple stakeholder groups
Other non-essential functions and responsibilities or duties as related or assigned.
Job qualifications, knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- Seven or more years of experience in marketing or communications
- Experience in government and/or advocacy a plus
- Has the ability to work under pressure to complete multiple tasks and meet demands and deadlines with a positive, constructive attitude.
- Experience working with 3rd party agencies, leading multiple priorities and communicating to various stakeholders and audiences.
- General Marketing Acumen – takes a strategic, long range view, sees the big picture
- Effective and Engaging Communication – displays effective and passionate communication, articulating the brand in a way that inspires others to act in service to the organization and community
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and proof-reading skills; must love to write and tell a story in a clear, concise and compelling way.
- Self-starter; proactive, eagerness to learn; creative-thinker; problem-solver
- The ideal candidate is a motivated, highly organized, self-starter who is comfortable working closely and collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues at all levels of the organization.
About United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey
United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey’s (UWGPSNJ) mission is to end intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
Want to learn more about United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey? Visit United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey's website.
Here you can see your future.
Jobs You May Like
International Rescue Committee
Senior Communications Officer, Partnership and Profile
International Rescue Committee, New York, NY USA